Xiaomi 13T NFC payment problems

Daniel.Maitheny

Members
Feb 29, 2024
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've got a new Xiaomi 13T a couple of weeks ago. I installed my bank's own payment application, it worked like a charm. After an update of the Google apps, Google Wallet installed itself, and now I cannot use my bank's dedicated app. I removed GW, but whenever I want to pay via NFC, Google Pay pops up, and there's no option to chose my bank's app. When I go to settings to set the default NFC payment method, my bank's app's name is just not in the list, only Google Pay and something called SIM payment (or SIM wallet?). I'd like to use my bank's app, not Google's - what should I do? Thanks for any help.

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've got a new Xiaomi 13T a couple of weeks ago. I installed my bank's own payment application, it worked like a charm. After an update of the Google apps, Google Wallet installed itself, and now I cannot use my bank's dedicated app. I removed GW, but whenever I want to pay via NFC, Google Pay pops up, and there's no option to chose my bank's app. When I go to settings to set the default NFC payment method, my bank's app's name is just not in the list, only Google Pay and something called SIM payment (or SIM wallet?). I'd like to use my bank's app, not Google's - what should I do? Thanks for any help.
Your bank app has probably switched to gpay. Gpay has become a standard for android phones. I think you should use it.

Your bank app has probably switched to gpay. Gpay has become a standard for android phones. I think you should use it.
Hey, thanks for your answer. I'm pretty sure they did not. The dedicated app is still in use, it is still installed, my registered cards are still there, and it get its usual updates. It must be a settings problem. Also, I don't quite like Google Pay, I'm not paranoid or anything, but I rather not share this kind of sensitive information with Google.

Reactions: PervizMikail