Xiaomi 14/14 PRO Flashing Stock ROM without Re-Locking Bootloader

arosado

Members
Nov 12, 2023
Hi does anyone know how to flash stock rom with TWRP or MITOOL without locking the bootloader? I feel HyperOS dev builds are causing 5G issues and wanted to revert to stock to test the theory out.

Thanks in advance!

[Windows]
EDIT:
MITOOL
> FASTBOOT ROM (ex HYPEROS CHINA ROM 1.0.25.0)
> Copy the ROM To root of Drive
> Connect phone on FastBoot and Refresh
>Select Clean all if you would like to start fresh like factory or if you are updating select 'Save User Data'.

Notes:
Selecting Clean All and lock will lock your bootloader.
Flashing back to stock will remove TWRP. You will need to reflash it and in advance settings of TWRP you install magisk again.

Last edited:
Can you help me check if the Gpay/Wallet working in China stock rom while BT unlocked or not?
Just one thing with the stock rom that: we will not able to to enable location history, the google maps navigation can't work correctly also.

Can you help me check if the Gpay/Wallet working in China stock rom while BT unlocked or not?
Just one thing with the stock rom that: we will not able to to enable location history, the google maps navigation can't work correctly also.
I flashed the integrity fix on china ROM and it gpay/wallet works. The only thing that doesn't work is Android Auto.

So you were backed to China stock rom for network signal quality only?
(Before answering, if any devs are reading this, YES... I'm aware EU ROM was in dev/beta state and is yet to be stable).

I went back to china stock ROM for stable 5G. I had an issue where I was not getting 5G in areas where I normally had 5G on my Xiaomi 14 PRO 16GB, 512GB. I asked about it multiple times and not a single dev or member was able to provide me with that information so I just debugged the antenna myself and in short it was connecting only to LTE even though I was forcing it to connect to 5G on EU ROM, what makes even worse is that I only got the 5G signal and data speed when I was placing a call or connected via android auto, only to have it revert back to 4G LTE. (I was traveling too, so I know where I had coverage and where I didn't: I traveled USA, EU and Caribbean).

In addition, battery life was worse on EU ROM for me. Some minor app crashes and annoyances that made me want to switch back to CHINA ROM with some integrity fixes I'm able to get the phone working on a 95% state for me. I side loaded Netflix as well and it works even though it says it doesn't support it due to DRM.

More on battery drainage when leaving the phone on standby at night there was a 20-30% battery drain vs stock which was 5-15% depending on how many active apps you have open.

This is by no mean a full in-depth review. So anyone that reads this take it with a grain a salt. Your experience may differ as per phone model.

I am also using 14pro with EU dev latest version. Currently I'm living in Bangkok Thailand and 5G is working very stable for me.
You can try to check that is there any change in 5G band?

It is strange that you got worse battery result. There is no problem with mine phone also. One notice thing that in the current build, it looks like all app is enable to be autostart by default. I had checked and disable all of them except keeping important app that need them running with notification immediately like FB, Messenger, Teams, Outlook, Gmail...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-01-21-59-07-202_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-01-21-59-07-202_com.android.phone.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_2023-12-01-21-59-20-245_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-01-21-59-20-245_com.android.settings.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_2023-12-01-22-05-41-964_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-01-22-05-41-964_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_2023-12-01-22-07-37-114_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-01-22-07-37-114_com.android.chrome.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 157
(Before answering, if any devs are reading this, YES... I'm aware EU ROM was in dev/beta state and is yet to be stable).

I went back to china stock ROM for stable 5G. I had an issue where I was not getting 5G in areas where I normally had 5G on my Xiaomi 14 PRO 16GB, 512GB. I asked about it multiple times and not a single dev or member was able to provide me with that information so I just debugged the antenna myself and in short it was connecting only to LTE even though I was forcing it to connect to 5G on EU ROM, what makes even worse is that I only got the 5G signal and data speed when I was placing a call or connected via android auto, only to have it revert back to 4G LTE. (I was traveling too, so I know where I had coverage and where I didn't: I traveled USA, EU and Caribbean).

In addition, battery life was worse on EU ROM for me. Some minor app crashes and annoyances that made me want to switch back to CHINA ROM with some integrity fixes I'm able to get the phone working on a 95% state for me. I side loaded Netflix as well and it works even though it says it doesn't support it due to DRM.

More on battery drainage when leaving the phone on standby at night there was a 20-30% battery drain vs stock which was 5-15% depending on how many active apps you have open.

This is by no mean a full in-depth review. So anyone that reads this take it with a grain a salt. Your experience may differ as per phone model.
My battery result last night

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-01-08-23-52-828_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-01-08-23-52-828_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 132
Hi does anyone know how to flash stock rom with TWRP or MITOOL without locking the bootloader? I feel HyperOS dev builds are causing 5G issues and wanted to revert to stock to test the theory out.

Thanks in advance!

[Windows]
EDIT:
MITOOL
> FASTBOOT ROM (ex HYPEROS CHINA ROM 1.0.25.0)
> Copy the ROM To root of Drive
> Connect phone on FastBoot and Refresh
>Select Clean all if you would like to start fresh like factory or if you are updating select 'Save User Data'.

Notes:
Selecting Clean All and lock will lock your bootloader.
Flashing back to stock will remove TWRP. You will need to reflash it and in advance settings of TWRP you install magisk again.
New the the forum and xiaomi devices. I live here in the States and had the same issues with 5g on EU rom. I never turned on the phone with China rom as I had my BL unlocked instantly using a paid method and flashed the EU rom. I found menu codes that gave a stable 5g connection here in the States that may help some people. see attached screenshot and enter code on dialer menu. It unlocks a toggle under mobile network..then select the sim card hope this helps..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-13-05-00-36-567_com.android.phone-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-13-05-00-36-567_com.android.phone-edit.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_2024-02-13-04-56-25-329_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-13-04-56-25-329_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 79