Xiaomi 14 China model - install EEA/EU Rom

darkkent8

Members
Feb 26, 2024
Hey, now that the official global/EEA rom has been released i am looking at purchasing a china model and installing the rom on it myself.

I have been reading that the Xiaomi 14 does not have access the bootloader, and that you may have to pay for a service for someone to unlock this.

Anyone with any information? Just want to know if this is something i can do myself, i have done this before on other phones and models, but there was no issue accessing the bootloader

Thanks in advance!

Even if you wanted to do it yourself, you will have to pay for a "key/token". You can't unlock a Chinese device with HyperOS for free.

Hey, now that the official global/EEA rom has been released i am looking at purchasing a china model and installing the rom on it myself.

I have been reading that the Xiaomi 14 does not have access the bootloader, and that you may have to pay for a service for someone to unlock this.

Anyone with any information? Just want to know if this is something i can do myself, i have done this before on other phones and models, but there was no issue accessing the bootloader

Thanks in advance!
There is of course an unlockable bootloader. Why else would they release roms to the public? To flash and that means a unlockable bootloader is necessary. Here is the process for unlocking.

There is of course an unlockable bootloader. Why else would they release roms to the public? To flash and that means a unlockable bootloader is necessary. Here is the process for unlocking.
unlocking china models are different than unlocking global devices.
you also need to fill out a questionaire, in chinese.

unlocking china models are different than unlocking global devices.
you also need to fill out a questionaire, in chinese.
You need to be a level 5 in the Xiaomi Community and apply for unlocking. Ive done it and recieved approval. Now they have created a limit of three unlockings per year and The rules are different for those inside of China (Chinese citizens). They need to fill out a questionaire and as far as I know and have experienced this does to apply to everyone outside of China. If they were not going to allow flashing to those outside of China, why would they create a rom that is flashable and has English language support in it? If they didn't want anyone flashing roms, they would just release OTAs.

The level 5 requirement is for Chinese users. I am level 2 and have been approved

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-16-10-53-46-459_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-16-10-53-46-459_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_2024-03-16-10-53-53-604_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-16-10-53-53-604_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 98
The level 5 requirement is for Chinese users. I am level 2 and have been approved
That's the global community app. You need level 5 in the Chinese community app. I too have global unlock permission but only level 1 Chinese community level so I'm not even allowed to bind my account for unlocking.

Was anyone here able to unlock the bootloader? I just purchased the Xiaomi 14 pro and just found out the issues you are having...

If you have a Chinese version of the device, you need to find a paid service to unlock the bootloader.
It has been said perhaps 1000 times.

Reactions: Ferreloso
If you have a Chinese version of the device, you need to find a paid service to unlock the bootloader.
It has been said perhaps 1000 times.
Thank you, I in fact saw your reply and the web page you suggested above in the comments but that particular service does not seem to be working, windows detects the software as malicious. If you have any other source I'll appreciate it.

I don't know which site you're talking about, but you can't unlock a Chinese device yourself.
As said, you need to find a paid service (such as NCUNLCOCK) that will remotely unlock your bootloader.

Reactions: Ferreloso