New Xiaomi 14 HyperOs Bugs

wojteklu

Members
Mar 8, 2024
Hello,

I'm writing because I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like throwing Xiaomi 14 out the window.

To the point.
I bought 2 Chinese versions of the phone, unlocked both of them and had the same HyperOs installed on both from the beginning.

Except that one Xiaomi 14 has constant problems, and the other one works without problems.

I have a problem, for example, with incoming calls - I don't always have a notification on the screen (only sound) - to answer, I have to enter the dialer and click "return to call" - There is also no notification in the top bar.

In the second Xiaomi 14 - the call notification always appears in the top bar, next to the time.

I don't have notifications from e.g. Xiaomi Home or Petoneer.

I miss widgets, they only appear on the desktop after "restoring from backup" - I can't normally select a widget.

And what's the worst. All these problems start only 10, 20, 40 minutes after installing new software or after resetting. Later, these problems become permanent. Rebooting, deleting applications, etc. does not help.

So, for the first 10, 20, 40 minutes after installing the software/resetting, everything works as it should. Then a problem appears and it stays that way.

I have already installed the newer HyperOs several times, hoping that something will be fixed. I did a factory reset several times, restored the backup, finally I thought that maybe the backup was causing the problem, so I wiped Xiaomi 14 and manually set and installed everything, etc. Unfortunately, the problem returns.

I will add that I tried to use the dialer from Google. Here, even though I set the default calling application, sometimes calls came through the Google dialer and sometimes through Xiaomi.

I have the impression that the system cannot get along with itself. Because sometimes, once in 200 connections, it works correctly.

Can anyone help me?

Let me remind you that the second Xiaomi 14 has software from the beginning of 2024 loaded and everything works fine there.

Attachments

• 1709928494172.jpg
    1709928494172.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone.
I have a problem with Xiaomi 14.
I installed HyperOS by xiaomi.eu
1.0.24.3.18.DEV
Beta
Model: Xiaomi 14 Global.

I have network problems, the SIM is recognized but I can't receive phone calls, no internet.

same problem with the stable version too
HOUJI_OS1.0.31.0.UNCCNXM_os1-14.

who can help me!
1000000062.jpg

You must apply this "modem" patch after each update.

Reactions: Devis234
Thanks @gogocar62 for the previous comment about fixing the "modem".
However, I would like to ask why this "modem" is not included in the Xiaomi.eu system? Or because it doesn't work well and needs to be replaced manually according to the instructions in the link above.
(It's obviously not good, so we do it manually, I understand that. Why it's not good by default, I don't understand. Will it be included in later releases?)

Reactions: Zoran Prelic
Hi!
I don't know if this is a bug or not.
I would like to ask. On the old control panel, when calibrating the brightness, the slider disappears. It's a bit confusing. I made a short presentation about it. The other video shows the new control panel, it works well there, it doesn't disappear.
Here is the logcat if you need it.
Logcat
Old Control panel
New Control Panel

Reactions: Superwitschi
Hi!
I would like to ask. On the old control panel, when calibrating the brightness, the slider disappears. It's a bit confusing. I made a short presentation about it. The other video shows the new control panel, it works well there, it doesn't disappear.
Logcat
Old Control panel
New Control Panel
Confirm, same at my Xiaomi 14

Superwitschi Designs

Reactions: Devis234
Interesting find, it works on the ultra, it does not disappear.

Sent from my Xiaomi 14 Ultra using Tapatalk

Hi!
Logcat
Old Control panel
New Control Panel
Unfortunately, this is the case with these versions. I tried them out. (At my place.)
Can a solution be expected in the future, or should I try something?
OS1.0.24.3.4.DEV
OS1.0.24.3.11.DEV
OS1.0.24.3.18.DEV
OS1.0.24.3.25.DEV
OS1.0.35.0.UNCCNXM (stable)

You must apply this "modem" patch after each update.
What about the chinse model? I'm still having weird signal issues both US and Caribbean since I travel. When I'm at home I have a dead zone and this is where VoWifi (WIFI CALLING) comes in handy. It gets 3 bars which is awesome, but after a few hours when I check back again my phone has cero coverage. Basically, it leaves the phone in a unusable state where I can't place or receive phone calls. I end up restarting the phone to gain signal again.

Also, another issue I've encountered with my current configuration is that when I have both WIFI (VoWifi -Wifi calling) and Cellular Data ON. The phone does not switch to the better coverage either. Leaving me with no cel reception on the GO. Again, I have to restart the phone to obtain signal out.

Any solution is welcome. That or may just give up on the phone lol
Xiaomi killed my mood entirely with "no global rom release for the Chinese model".

I think it is not possible to select the old control center in the stock ROM. Certainly this option is not in Global ROM and similarly it will be in CN ROM.

On Xiaomi 14 bubbles shows a blank screen for me. There's a fix suggested that works on the chinese/global rom by installing a different version of Xiaomi Home Launcher but in Xiaomi EU that is not possible, the installation is blocked.

1000009672.jpg