Xiaomi 2 and Xiaomi 1

eddie9684

Members
May 10, 2012
Does anyone have both devices?, I have some bugs in the xiaomi 2 but i dont know if its compatibility issues from the app or the phone or the rom itself?

for example in the new swype i cant add new words and i thought it was the app problem but then in my xiaomi 1 i have no such problem, that is 1 of the many little things that are not working properly in my xiaomi 2 with the latest jb rom.

does anyone experience the same thing?

I've both devices and had the same problem with the Mi2. After a update version of the developer Rom I couldn't ad my words to the dictionary in Swype. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. It's working fine now :)

hi
i have 2 M1S for my 2 boys + 1 M2 32gb for me
i have the same thinking as you, i found the system less stable on the MI2
2 importants bugs or hardware trouble :
m2 = the magnificient glass on the top line we don't see the cursor / M1s = OK
m2 = proximity sensor doesn't work during a call and testet with the application z-device test / M1 S = OK
m2 = restart of the Device for any reason after an application update from playstore ?
m2 = lockscreen doesn't work, no possibilty to unlock it , with the defalt theme + 2.12.14

it is so strange, i feel more stable the ROM on the m1s than m2
all my 3 Xiaomi are with the last release 2.12.14

i hope that the V5 will stabilise the M2

but now i am afraid about my proximity sensor because it doesnt work
and i don't know if it a hardware issue or a bug from the ROM ??

V5 is already there, you can update if you have V4. Do you use a screenprotector? If so you have to cut a hole for the proximity sensor, this will help.

HEY SUPER !!!
it was the free screen that i got with my cover
now all is OK ??

for the V5.0

i am with the Version 2.12.14
this version is called V4 , i am right ?
and where i can get the V5
and it is the official one from xiaomi and stable ?

well i dont think i have a problem with the proximity sensor... mine has the holes already and the film was purchased from xiaomi.com so i guess its especially designed for it, on a side note my m1 doesnt have the hole but the proximity sensor work just fine.

auto contrast still doesnt work for me but my friend with another m2 said it was working for him, havent seen his phone yet to confirm this.

i will try to reinstall few apps to see if i can get them working, imdb app is also crappy on my m2 (zoomed out), and pleco chinese dictionary has a small bug on the flashcard selection too...

i will make a detailed list as i keep trying, some of these things is not really a big deal but it should be fixed hopefully soon.

okay, pleco and swype worked after completely wiping them out then reinstalling it, will keep trying with the other apps.

which one is V4 and which one is V5, all i know is that im using 4.1.1 2.12.14 miui jelly bean.

Well, im still noob then, cause i made update with that version on my phone. MI2 i got came with default JLB3.0, and few week after I made update to jlb5.0. After that, checking this site, changed it to english version (2.12.7)

But android version with JLB3.0 is still 4.1.1....i thought V5 was something regarding 4.2 android version.

Oh well, every dayis new day to learn something :)

The thing is you are making mistakes between developer and stable Rom.
The v5 is the stable and 2.12.7 is the developer weekly update :)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tamil18