Xiaomi 2 Not Detected on Mac Devices

ORiN

Members
Feb 7, 2011
I use combination of a Windows desktop and a Macbook Air. My Xiaomi 2 has no issues being detected on the Windows desktop when connected. However, my Macbook Air doesn't seem to be able to detect the phone at all. Anyone faced similar issues?

I use combination of a Windows desktop and a Macbook Air. My Xiaomi 2 has no issues being detected on the Windows desktop when connected. However, my Macbook Air doesn't seem to be able to detect the phone at all. Anyone faced similar issues?

ORiN

Android devices have this "problem" with Macintosh. The Stock android (search for the thread) has included the app that you can transfer files from your Macintosh.

Try to find the "Android File Transfer" in the Internet...I had the same problem with my MacBook Pro and I solved it using this .dmg

Reactions: mymellowman
Also, while it doesn't apply to your macbook air, it is important to note that you will not be able to mount to a powerpc based mac (ie G5, G4, etc) - Intel macs are no issue with the use of android file transfer.

Also, while it doesn't apply to your macbook air, it is important to note that you will not be able to mount to a powerpc based mac (ie G5, G4, etc) - Intel macs are no issue with the use of android file transfer.

mymellowman

You maybe are right, I own 2 PowerPC Mac's but didn't try to use my Mi-2 on them, but I know an alternative way to connect, is via SSHDroid that all0ws to connect via ssh and Cyberduck. If I had more time this week I'll look for more ways or workaround's.

Reactions: mymellowman
mymellowman

You maybe are right, I own 2 PowerPC Mac's but didn't try to use my Mi-2 on them, but I know an alternative way to connect, is via SSHDroid that all0ws to connect via ssh and Cyberduck. If I had more time this week I'll look for more ways or workaround's.

Thanks for the workarounds - I don't rely too heavily on my G5, but when I need files I either Dropbox them or just drop the files on my macbook via my local network.

This isn't necessarily a mi2 issue as much as an android ICS (and newer) issue. Previously you could connect an android device using USB Mass Storage, but with ICS and newer you connect via MTP which is not compatible with Mac 10.5 - Leopard

Definitely looking forward to any other workarounds that people use!

Thanks for the tip for Android File Transfer dmg. I am largely relying on the cloud services like Google Drive and Dropbox to transfer files between my Macbook Air and Xiaomi 2.