Xiaomi Dafang Stopped Working After Only A Few Days...

Technotron

Members
Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a while and finally decided to register myself. Obviously, the main reason being that one of my smart devices seemed to have died prematurely, namely one of my 2 new Dafang cameras.

I was wondering why the one downstairs showed as "offline". Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the orange LED was (barely visibly) flashing and putting my ear against the device, I was able to make out a very soft beeping sounds. I've tried several other chargers, but the device won't turn on. Not sure if something's fried on the inside? There are no screws so the only way would be to break it open or something.

Anyone else encounter this? I know the device is new so chances are slim, but asking don't hurt.

In case anyone is interested - and I suppose this could come in handy if somebody else encounters this in the future - it was my SD card. With the SD card inserted, it wouldn't even boot instead of giving me a faulty SD card error or something the likes of that. Anyway, I was able to boot fine without and with a different SD card, so case closed I'd say. By the way, it was a pretty old SD card, so yeah, there's that... :)

This is what the cam looks like from the inside. Very straight-forward construction, pretty clean too. I like it from an aesthetic point of view :)

I believe these are brushed motors, hence the “noise” they make (I don’t find it bad or bothersome at all).

Attachments

• 424CB4EF-31C7-43F8-AD88-3AD15312AADF.jpeg
    424CB4EF-31C7-43F8-AD88-3AD15312AADF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,614
Another tip: if you keep getting disconnected in the app or your app seems to have trouble connecting to your cam: try disabling "20/40Mhz Co-Existence" (or a similar function) on your router. For me, it did the trick.

So far (after running the Dafang cam for about 4 months) the camera have already broken 2 SD cards. This shure is a greedy cam ;-)