Xiaomi.eu 8.1.1.0 Stable

Yes, effectively, I have MIUI optimizations disabled! Thing is, if I set English as my language, the screen shows correctly. It seems it's something specific to the spanish translation.
No..
It's all languages except english or chinese.
But like the menu says Developer Options...
So you don't mess with Developer if you not a developer...
And Miui optmization should be on

No..
It's all languages except english or chinese.
But like the menu says Developer Options...
So you don't mess with Developer if you not a developer...
And Miui optmization should be on

I think that's very debatable. Could you tell why Miui optimizations should be on? What are the benefits of that, as opposed of the benefits of disabling it (supposedly less aggressive memory management with the optimizations off, apps remain longer in memory)?

Some back-up for these claims would be appreciated...

I think that's very debatable. Could you tell why Miui optimizations should be on? What are the benefits of that, as opposed of the benefits of disabling it (supposedly less aggressive memory management with the optimizations off, apps remain longer in memory)?

Some back-up for these claims would be appreciated...
Well...
Miui already have some bugs...
If you shutdown their optimization, it's like more bugs...
And bugs with miui optimization off are not corrected

Thank you McNirvana. It works again!

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

I'm losing all of my bluetooth pairings a few times a day. I have to re-pair all my devices nonstop. Anyone else has this bug?

I'm losing all of my bluetooth pairings a few times a day. I have to re-pair all my devices nonstop. Anyone else has this bug?
Not at all, my phone is paired with my laptop, my car audio and a BT speaker, and keeps them all in sync just fine.

Not at all, my phone is paired with my laptop, my car audio and a BT speaker, and keeps them all in sync just fine.

This bug exists. Others have already reported it on the MIUI forum. And the ROM is removed from the download page.

Interesting. I can confirm I'm not affected by this bug on 8.1.1.0, though.
I was not affected either for the first 4-5 days and than all of a sudden all of my BT pairings were gone. I re-paired all of them and it worked for 2 more days. Yesterday while watching a movie I had to re-pair my BT headphones 3 times. Maybe not all of the devices are affected but some are (few mentions on the MIUI forum) and mine is one of them :/

Why this system app is un the ROM?
IMG_20161112_150509.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

I have solved the issue of long press for Google now in this rom.

In default apps, I hadn't choose the default voice input app. Selecting Google now, it work like a charm.
Would you kindly tell me how you did that if you don't mind? Can't find the settings to change it.

Thank you!

Would you kindly tell me how you did that if you don't mind? Can't find the settings to change it.

Thank you!
Settings - application - default app - vocal input

Now I have the language set in Italian, so it could be a little difference in English.

Reactions: Simmy
Settings - application - default app - vocal input

Now I have the language set in Italian, so it could be a little difference in English.
Thank you very much, that solved it.

Great job man, much appreciated!

How is the battery life in comparison to miui 7.5 eu rom?
For what I read about the battery life, miui 7.5 is the best rom for mi5. Miui 8 is enhanced at every release, battery draining is every time lower, but doesn't reach the level of 7.5.

For what I read about the battery life, miui 7.5 is the best rom for mi5. Miui 8 is enhanced at every release, battery draining is every time lower, but doesn't reach the level of 7.5.
I can confirm a loss of about 4 hours. My last 7.5 lasts 1.5 days, the current 8.1 lasts 1.3 days only. But it could also due to me having more apps (with background process) installed.

one week now using this ROM:
- KLO bug report always crash everytime i reboot (not so sure what this is for).
- Battery life: consistently around 5 to 6 hours from 100% to 5%. in weekly room is only around 4 to 5 hours max.
- I was having serious issue with GPS in official global ROM (even after done all the tips available, including rooting my gps.conf). It got better in EU weekly ROM. but, now it's much better. Almost no issue outdoor.

overall, satisfied with this ROM. recommended for daily driver.

Reactions: Jaime DLH
btw anyone having issue using Piston Hybrid earphone from Xiaomi? I'm having issue with the mic (no sound coming from the mic) when I switched to EU rom (weekly and stable). it worked fine in official global. I also tried in other phones and the mic worked as well. only in mi5 the mic does not work.

No issue with Xiaomi Piston Hybrid earphones, mic works fine. I cammed up on Battlecam.com to test it, and it works fine. I'm on Mi5 with 8.1.1.0 stable eu rom. Maybe there's some dirt in your Mi5 earphones hole.

No issue with Xiaomi Piston Hybrid earphones, mic works fine. I cammed up on Battlecam.com to test it, and it works fine. I'm on Mi5 with 8.1.1.0 stable eu rom. Maybe there's some dirt in your Mi5 earphones hole.

thanks for the info.. no dirt as it works well with my other phones and my laptop. I finally bought piston 2 as replacement and it works well with mi 5. hence, I thought this may be ROM issue as my hybrid worked well for several weeks before and it still works well with my other phones. So, I'm not so sure what exactly is the cause if your dont have any issue with the same ROM.