Xiaomi.eu and bank apps

casabel

Members
Oct 3, 2018
Hi, I am currently a pixel 3a owner and planning to get the mi10t lite.
When rooted in my current device when i try to install some bank apps like revolut and hsbc, it detects the device unlocked bootloader status and fail to start. Will the same happen if i unlock the mi10t lite inorder to install the xiaomi. eu?

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Hello,

If you install Xiaomi.eu without root (a.k.a Magisk), all banking apps should work without issue. ;)

If you want root, do not forget to hide Magisk app and enable MagiskHide feature (and apply MagiskHide on all banking apps). :)

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
ok thx but the message i got is "unlocked bootloader detected", i had root via magisk and all safetynet checks were passed

ok thx but the message i got is "unlocked bootloader detected", i had root via magisk and all safetynet checks were passed
Like I said, you enabled MagiskHide option (good) but you also need to apply MagiskHide on apps detecting root/unlocked bootloader. ;)

EDIT: Also, you should remove/rename "TWRP" folder in root of the internal storage of your device (if it exists). :)

Then, it's always better to clear all app data of your banking app after that (in phone's settings). :)

Heyoo, you're the guy from reddit. Hii

(You really did some research.:emoji_thumbsup: )

Btw, hsbc might not work if you've root. I ~haven't tried though to clone the app in the work profile and use it without root, because I've rooted the work profile too.

Last edited: