xiaomi.eu or stock ROM: advantages and disadvantages

Cernusco

Members
Apr 19, 2013
I have a MI 11 Pro (bought in China) with Xiaomi.eu ROM and open bootloader. I live in Europe.
This phone has the same ROM as the MI 11 Ultra, for which there is also a Global ROM and an EU ROM.
Do I lose any functionality by switching from Xiaomi.eu to stock, keeping the bootloader open?

Because of open bootloader or because I install Global/EU ROM on a phone for Chinese market ?
Besides GPay, any other important features/apps ? Does Android Auto work ?

Yes, because of unlocked bootloader.
Let me put it this way: you have nothing to gain, only to lose, by installing any Global ROM derivative. There are many features you will lose, don't expect me to list them.

Is that I'm still with MIUI 14, I didn't switch to HyperOS because of the comments reporting various problems (higher battery consumption, phone heating, problems with wifi, ...).
Are there the same problems with the stock?
Then, with xiaomi.eu the google play store fails to update Xiaomi applications (browser, music, cleaner, ...)

Then, with xiaomi.eu the google play store fails to update Xiaomi applications (browser, music, cleaner, ...)
Because you're not supposed to update them... the apps on our ROMs are not stock, they are patched.

Reactions: gyr0ray0