Xiaomi.eu rom review - 14 ultra

Shahar1997

Members
Apr 24, 2016
Hi, would like to hear opinions about using the eu rom with the 14 ultra
I have used that rom with mi 8 + mi10 pro and saw great improvements
Do you feel that with 14 ultra too?
Currently main problems with global rom are battery life+ the device getting very very hot

I did not notice big difference in battery life. Still poor. Worst when using camera.

I never feel it getting very very hot even before installing rom

Yep with camera is like each minute equals to battery percentage
I maybe it close to 30-40% so more like 1% every two minutes. Still terrible.

Regular use is ok. Not great.
Idle use is great since they kill everything.

I haven't tried testing with other camera apps but what's the point of buying this phone if you give up most of the features for battery like. Assuming it even helps

Getting great battery life!! Chinese model 14 ultra... running EU rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-24-11-13-59-990_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-24-11-13-59-990_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_2024-05-20-21-39-38-035_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-20-21-39-38-035_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Madboy
Getting great battery life!! Chinese model 14 ultra... running EU rom
Similar for me, about 8hr SOT if not using the camera.
I don't really think 8hr SOT for a brand new phone with a 5000mah (5500mah for you) battery is that good. just OK.
I get about the same with my 4yr old Huawei P30 Pro.

How long can you last if you take photos and videos all day?

Similar for me, about 8hr SOT if not using the camera.
I don't really think 8hr SOT for a brand new phone with a 5000mah (5500mah for you) battery is that good. just OK.
I get about the same with my 4yr old Huawei P30 Pro.

How long can you last if you take photos and videos all day?
I take a lot of photos in downtown Philadelphia. About a hour a day. So I would say I'm still 6.5 hrs sot. BUT the battery last until 5am next morning. I usually get 24+hrs of usage. I normally go to bed with around 25% or so. If I'm not at work battery last 2 days basically. Camera is a vampire.

Last edited:
I take a lot of photos in downtown Philadelphia. About a hour a day. So I would say I'm still 6.5 hrs sot. BUT the battery last until 5am next morning. I usually get 24+hrs of usage. I normally go to bed with around 25% or so. If I'm not at work battery last 2 days basically. Camera is a vampire.
I'm actually in NJ just across the river.
The phone is great when idle. I wouldnt say you get 24+hrs "usage" if you're not using the phone.
General usage, I'd say it's "OK", you can get through a day.
But yeah, with camera, it is crazy. Ironic since it's marketed for it's camera use.

I'm going on a trip soon overseas and I'm actually contemplating bringing a battery pack. Really sad for a brand new expensive flagship

I'm actually in NJ just across the river.
The phone is great when idle. I wouldnt say you get 24+hrs "usage" if you're not using the phone.
General usage, I'd say it's "OK", you can get through a day.
But yeah, with camera, it is crazy. Ironic since it's marketed for it's camera use.

I'm going on a trip soon overseas and I'm actually contemplating bringing a battery pack. Really sad for a brand new expensive flagship.
Running China rom battery life seemed worse because I had to put a lot of app on "no restrictions" to get notifications and battery was life was around 5.5 hrs with same same camera use. But reflashing eu rom(for the 3rd time lol) and leaving all apps in battery saver mode battery life is great. Better than my oppo find x6 pro which had amazing battery life. I have no real complaints with battery. I'm on 4hrs sot with 63% battery life left as I type this. Phone has been off the charger since 6am. Hopefully they will optimize camera app in the future to improve battery life..

I'm on the xiaomi eu rom which is based on china and have not found this. But it is hard to know because I have to go into each app. I wish there was a way to list all apps based on their battery restriction setting.
I'm coming from the Huawei P30 Pro.

Yes, they really need to fix the camera app.

Days where I use my camera the most are the days where I'll be out from morning to night (12+hrs). Usually in a foreign country where you might need google maps to get back to the hotel. A bad time to run out of battery.