Xiaomi.eu rom to Xiaomi global

Kahjay

Members
Sep 18, 2018
Hello i am french. Sorry for my english.
I'am actually with an unlock mi 8 buy in china. I have xiaomi.eu rom miui 10. I would Like to install official global rom miui 10. What i need to do step by step please?

I also have twrp install

Thanks you

Hello i am french. Sorry for my english.
I'am actually with an unlock mi 8 buy in china. I have xiaomi.eu rom miui 10. I would Like to install official global rom miui 10. What i need to do step by step please?

I also have twrp install

Thanks you

Stay with EU rom better

Ok I took a leap of faith and did it. It was easy. Made sure I dl'd the global MIUI 10 ROM put in root of storage. Flashed TWRP 3.2.3, installed ROM from zip. Wiped rebooted and worked. Had a few minor scares as I forgot to wipe first time but just rebooted to TWRP. If you have any questions or need help let me know. Eu ROM I didn't think was better at all.

Reactions: Locovkano
Ok I took a leap of faith and did it. It was easy. Made sure I dl'd the global MIUI 10 ROM put in root of storage. Flashed TWRP 3.2.3, installed ROM from zip. Wiped rebooted and worked. Had a few minor scares as I forgot to wipe first time but just rebooted to TWRP. If you have any questions or need help let me know. Eu ROM I didn't think was better at all.

Thanks for your bravery :D glad it worked out.
Is it strictly necessary to flash TWRP 3.2.3?

I normally do 2x "cache + dalvik" prior and after installing any new rom, is that what you did or you wiped "data" as well?

Thanks!

If your TWRP is working then you should be fine. After flashing Eu I couldn't get into recovery, only fastboot where it showed battery so I tried to flash 3.2.1 didn't work found a 3.2.3 it worked so I used that one one. I did a full wipe.

-Does your Mi8 is certificated for Google Play?
-Can you use Google Pay?
-Are you able to install Netflix via Google play?
-Do you have battry % in status bar?
-Do you have planty of unuseful Mi, Google and MS apps in your ROM by default?

if first four are NO, and the last one is Yes, then why would you need the official global?

Best regards!

Last edited:
-Can you use Google Pay?

if first four are NO, and the last one is Yes, then why would you need the official global?

Best regards!

In my case, I would like to know the procedure just in case I sell the phone again and the person that buys it prefers having OTA support and the official rom installed.

If I was to keep it I would leave the EU rom with no doubts but you never know what other people might want ;)

-Can you use Google Pay?

Best regards!

Your absolutely right, but it is good for people that want to know for when they sell there phones or some may just want to be on global. It's all down to people's personal preferences. One thing that drove me nuts with eu.miui with lastest beta 8.9.13 was no youtube pip or at least didn't work for me. Bootup was freaking slow as s**t also.