Xiaomi.eu Stable Rom To China Developer Rom

Tnank you all, i have finally installed latest china developer rom via edl fastboot method. Still waiting for the bootloader to unlock. So is it possible to go from official latest miu7 china developer rom 6.5.19 to the new official developer 6.6.16 miui8 rom via fastboot? i even got the ota message for it.

Hello. Got the same issue. Honorbuy aftersale said that i need to unlock bootloader...got the permission and did that, everything is still same as it was. How do i know that its now unlocked. And then, what should i do to update this? What is fastboot method? I downloaded miflash tool and tried with that, some error appeared and it did nothing. Im still stucked in 7.2.13.0 MAACNDB.
What rom shoulld i update or can i try whatever....global or china, dev or stable? Now i found fastboot roms, should i open these in miflash tool?

Last edited:
Can you really unlock the phone while in a xiaomi.eu rom? currenlty have xiaomi.eu stable but lost TWRP for some reason. thanks

Can you really unlock the phone while in a xiaomi.eu rom? currenlty have xiaomi.eu stable but lost TWRP for some reason. thanks
Yes. I got permission and unlocked my bootloader. Then flashed twrp with fastboot and so on.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I want to update your ROM via TWRP method.
I found and downloaded TWRP+Boot file.

How can I install TWRP? Just updater app? Root is not working via security app.
I have installed latest CN dev. ROM. Bootloader should be unlocked before.

I want to update your ROM via TWRP method.
I found and downloaded TWRP+Boot file.

How can I install TWRP? Just updater app? Root is not working via security app.
I have installed latest CN dev. ROM. Bootloader should be unlocked before.
Install twrp with fastboot method

Can't w8 MIUI8 update. I really hope it is happened soon! Current ROM in my MI5 from date of purchase - 7.2.13.0 MAACNDB by xiaomi.eu. Manager does not require updates

Can't w8 MIUI8 update. I really hope it is happened soon! Current ROM in my MI5 from date of purchase - 7.2.13.0 MAACNDB by xiaomi.eu. Manager does not require updates
You should unlock your bootloader first! Then you are able to make updates. Otherwise you waiting is just waste of time.

You should unlock your bootloader first! Then you are able to make updates. Otherwise you waiting is just waste of time.

Solved without unlock! Now my update manager working well on global ROM)

Last edited:
I am in the UK , my MI5 came from Gearbest with terrible reseller rom. Applied for unlock, I heard that sometimes non Chinese numbers do not always get the confirmation sms message. So checked MI site every day and on day 2 there was a note to say my phone could be unlocked (never did get a sms message). Use unlock tool to unlock and then the flashing tool to flash new rom, in my case global stable. The whole thing took about 10 minutes and phone is performing great