Xiaomi Hongmi connectivity question

Does your Hongmi is working with 3G in Europe or outside China (WCDMA version only)

• No, it's not working (no 3G at all)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jogo

Members
Oct 2, 2013
Hello, guys!

Does Hongmi supports and work with 3G connectivity in Europe. I get very different opinions from 'its 3G working only in China' to ' it works fine with 3G in Europe', so i can't still get it right - is it or not? Can you share your own experience and opinions? If it's working, how and for which sim card, since there is two.. in the flasgship...

Dear Jogo,
Hongmi phone has two versions. Its first version was TD-SCDMA is in fact 3G phone, only applicable for china market. However, after this version, Xiaomi released WCDMA version that is international 3G version. I think if you are outside China, WCDMA version will suit you. I am right now in China, beijing and using the TD-SCDMA 3G version and it is working fine.

Dear Jogo,
Hongmi phone has two versions. Its first version was TD-SCDMA is in fact 3G phone, only applicable for china market. However, after this version, Xiaomi released WCDMA version that is international 3G version. I think if you are outside China, WCDMA version will suit you. I am right now in China, beijing and using the TD-SCDMA 3G version and it is working fine.

I meant only the WCDMA version, it is obvious that being in Europe, i cannot use TD-SCDMA version for 3G, because there won't be 3G with this one in here. I read and saw some reviews and people using Hongmi WCDMA version in EU are saying there is only 3G for the 1 sim card, the 2d has only GSM... which is fine for me! :)

As far as TD-SCDMA is concerned, there is slot one that support 3G, the second slot is for GSM only. I haven't use or see WCDMA version but i think it will be similar with one slot for 3G and other for 2G(GSM only).
:)

actually this is exactly the ones, selled internationally and some people got 3G wcdma version of Hongmi already and they said the 1st sim slot is 3G, the 2d is 2G (gsm only) :) thanks for your info..

Weeb, great reply! I checked and for Bulgaria the 3G is the same - 900/2100 so it should work... Thanks a lot!