Xiaomi Hongmi (hw1w) Charging Disfunction

GuseppiGuliano

Members
Dec 9, 2013
Hi! It has been a while since I am encountering this issue. At first, I thought it might be some minor issue, and that it will be fixed with further update. But, it is not so.

The problem is, that my phone always (either being plugged into PC or Charger) shows the mode of charging as "USB" (as shown in the picture below) and it takes almost 10 hours to charge the phone to 100 % (EVEN ON THE NEW BATTERY)

I have taken the following steps:

1. Replaced the old battery with an original one (bought from the official Xiaomi Website from China)
  2. Replaced the charger with an official charger (Mi3 Charger)
  3. Factory Reset the phone
  4. Tried this (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/restore-stock-firmware-and-lost-imei-baseband-by-spflash-tool.23188/) and successfully installed the MTK drivers and followed the guide AS IT IS, but still, SP FLASH TOOL does not even recognise it.
In fact, the phone does not get recognised via PC/Laptop. (NOTE: I have tried connecting my Hongmi to multiple PC's, but still does not show any sign of connectivity.

Here are the screenshots for reference...
I WOULD BE HIGHLY OBLIGED TO ANYONE WHO HELPS ME.... THANK YOU! :)
@ingbrzy @Acid

RqIe0gC.png

RqIe0gC.png

try to install the drivers, then use SP.
i had the same problem with another phone (micromax A110) : the PC couldn't identify my phone, i installed the drivers and everything became OK :)

Reactions: GuseppiGuliano
try to install the drivers, then use SP.
i had the same problem with another phone (micromax A110) : the PC couldn't identify my phone, i installed the drivers and everything became OK :)

I've already tried a few PC's. There isn't any driver issue! I assure you!

Stupid question, but have you tried diferent USB cable? Sometime broken cable is the main problem to connect with PC...

i've an idea. install your ROM again. Same version or greater, install it again via the recovery. maybe it will resolve your issue

This happened may be caused by the broken charging port ,maybe it is loose ,maybe it is broken . You need to check the charging port connector in repair shop .

I have same problem because charging port is broken. Someone knows a shop where buy the right spare part? I bought one on aliexpress but was not working well: network range drop almost to zero. I think was for 1s even if the seller says are the same. Suggestion?