Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro: buy locked or unlocked?

caceresvd

Members
Oct 14, 2021
Hello, I'm planning to get a mi 11 pro from a shop that gives me these 3 options:
-Xiaomi.EU (Fastboot) = Forum Custom Firmware, no OTA Updates (manual), Saftynet Passed, Widevine Level 1 usually.
-Xiaomi.EU (TWRP) = Forum Custom Firmware, OTA Updates, Saftynet Passed, Widevine LEvel 1 in general
-Xiaomi Global Firmware = official Xiaomi Global Firmware, OTA Updates, Saftynet Failed (in the new versions), Widevine Level 1 usually.
I've read that the best option is to buy the china version, with locked bootloader and then open it and flash the EU rom myself.
Some say that if you get the phone with EU rom preinstalled from the seller you might have problems with an account (?) or something like this?? (didn't really understand)
I actually already did the process of unlocking bootloader and installing EU rom with another xiaomi years ago....won't be difficult to remember I hope, But if i can get the phone ready to use and avoid waiting for the unlocking + all the process, that would be even better...
Thanks in advance!

I don't know the case where you may need access to the account that unlocked your bootloader, so I can't explain it in details (is it when you lock it, and try to unlock it again ?)

But :
Option 1) will NEVER be updated (newer ROMs use TWRP), so you will have to face the install process anyway
Option 3) won't be able to use all the applications requiring Safetynet (many bank and pay applications), and for this, you may also need to face the install process

Hello, I'm planning to get a mi 11 pro from a shop that gives me these 3 options:
-Xiaomi.EU (Fastboot) = Forum Custom Firmware, no OTA Updates (manual), Saftynet Passed, Widevine Level 1 usually.
-Xiaomi.EU (TWRP) = Forum Custom Firmware, OTA Updates, Saftynet Passed, Widevine LEvel 1 in general
-Xiaomi Global Firmware = official Xiaomi Global Firmware, OTA Updates, Saftynet Failed (in the new versions), Widevine Level 1 usually.
I've read that the best option is to buy the china version, with locked bootloader and then open it and flash the EU rom myself.
Some say that if you get the phone with EU rom preinstalled from the seller you might have problems with an account (?) or something like this?? (didn't really understand)
I actually already did the process of unlocking bootloader and installing EU rom with another xiaomi years ago....won't be difficult to remember I hope, But if i can get the phone ready to use and avoid waiting for the unlocking + all the process, that would be even better...
Thanks in advance!
I prefer buying my phones locked, so that I can unlock the phone and my Mi account is the one associated with the device being unlocked.

Hello,

It's always better/safer to buy a really new device (never used). :)

The 3 options that are offered by this store involve using the phone before sending it so I don't recommend to buy from this one. ;)