New Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra - crashing system apps / "dead alive phone"

Vakos

Members
Oct 17, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am currently facing a problem with my ROM. I have installed HyperOS stable ROM trough updater app as usual, but problem has occured right after first boot. After I have unlocked my device, pop up window came to me with error message "HyperOS launcher has crashed" and it repeated again and again. Everything I had was my wallpaper and this error message. I was able to go to drop down menu and to the settings. I was able to fix launcher error with wiping all launcher data trough app settings menu, but I am still facing to the problem with crashing system apps like assistent, security app etc. Also my internet connection does not work (wifi, nor cellular data). Cellular data icon shows, that I am connected to 5G/4G, but I am not able to recieve any calls, and also I am unable to make any calls. I have tried to connect my phone to PC to save some data, but also I am unable to change "charging only" to "transfer data" in drop down menu. I am stuck with "dead alive phone". Is it possible to install same ROM via updater app to restore my ROM without losing any data?

Additional info:
In wifi settings I can see wifi connections, but pop up window comes up right after clicking to any wifi: failed to connect to the network.
I am unable to access developer settings. Settings will crash immedietly after clicking to developer settings.

I am adding in the attachment few screenshots, that I was able to copy out of my phone trough OTG cable and USB stick.

My device: Mi 11 Ultra
Recently installed ROM: xiaomi.eu_STAR_OS1.0.6.0.UKACNXM_14.zip
Previously installed ROM: 1.0.5.0

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-52-08-282_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-52-08-282_com.android.settings.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-54-05-393_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-54-05-393_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-06-04-899_com.miui.bugreport2.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-06-04-899_com.miui.bugreport2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-07-48-469_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-07-48-469_com.miui.home.jpg
    838.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I am trying to backup my DCIM folder with OTG cable and USB stick, but another problem has uccured. Every time I want to copy files it starts at full speed aprox. 120 MB/s, but then it starts to decrease the speed slowly to exact 1,05 MB/s and then it looks like it got stuck and nothing is happening.

Edit: After few tries it keeps stopping sooner and sooner. Now I have recieved error message: android.process.media keep stopping..
I have also tried another app for file copy (Total Commander), but without luck. After few seconds, transfer speed just drops and it got stuck without any response.

I am currious how can I backup my data. I cannot find any possible solution right now. I cannot copy almost any bigger files. When I try to copy bigger amount of files, it gets stuck after a while. Only possible solution for copying another files is to unplug USB drive without ejecting (because it got stuck, and I am unable to eject it). When I connect it again, I am able to copy some files. Also Mi 11 Ultra has no SD card slot, so I cannot try it this way. Also I have no internet connection, so I am not able to get out my data in OS..

Last edited:
Another update: I have found out, that TWRP supports file transfer. This is only solution, that I can use to backup my files in any case. As a next step I will try reflash same ROM file, that I have used for update. But for this time I will make a double check of SHA and MD5. I will report further steps, loses and hopefully succes.