Invalid Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra - crashing system apps / "dead alive phone"

Vakos

Members
Oct 17, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am currently facing a problem with my ROM. I have installed HyperOS stable ROM trough updater app as usual, but problem has occured right after first boot. After I have unlocked my device, pop up window came to me with error message "HyperOS launcher has crashed" and it repeated again and again. Everything I had was my wallpaper and this error message. I was able to go to drop down menu and to the settings. I was able to fix launcher error with wiping all launcher data trough app settings menu, but I am still facing to the problem with crashing system apps like assistent, security app etc. Also my internet connection does not work (wifi, nor cellular data). Cellular data icon shows, that I am connected to 5G/4G, but I am not able to recieve any calls, and also I am unable to make any calls. I have tried to connect my phone to PC to save some data, but also I am unable to change "charging only" to "transfer data" in drop down menu. I am stuck with "dead alive phone". Is it possible to install same ROM via updater app to restore my ROM without losing any data?

Additional info:
In wifi settings I can see wifi connections, but pop up window comes up right after clicking to any wifi: failed to connect to the network.
I am unable to access developer settings. Settings will crash immedietly after clicking to developer settings.

I am adding in the attachment few screenshots, that I was able to copy out of my phone trough OTG cable and USB stick.

My device: Mi 11 Ultra
Recently installed ROM: xiaomi.eu_STAR_OS1.0.6.0.UKACNXM_14.zip
Previously installed ROM: 1.0.5.0

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-52-08-282_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-52-08-282_com.android.settings.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-54-05-393_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-16-22-54-05-393_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-06-04-899_com.miui.bugreport2.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-06-04-899_com.miui.bugreport2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-07-48-469_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-17-08-07-48-469_com.miui.home.jpg
    838.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I am trying to backup my DCIM folder with OTG cable and USB stick, but another problem has uccured. Every time I want to copy files it starts at full speed aprox. 120 MB/s, but then it starts to decrease the speed slowly to exact 1,05 MB/s and then it looks like it got stuck and nothing is happening.

Edit: After few tries it keeps stopping sooner and sooner. Now I have recieved error message: android.process.media keep stopping..
I have also tried another app for file copy (Total Commander), but without luck. After few seconds, transfer speed just drops and it got stuck without any response.

I am currious how can I backup my data. I cannot find any possible solution right now. I cannot copy almost any bigger files. When I try to copy bigger amount of files, it gets stuck after a while. Only possible solution for copying another files is to unplug USB drive without ejecting (because it got stuck, and I am unable to eject it). When I connect it again, I am able to copy some files. Also Mi 11 Ultra has no SD card slot, so I cannot try it this way. Also I have no internet connection, so I am not able to get out my data in OS..

Last edited:
Another update: I have found out, that TWRP supports file transfer. This is only solution, that I can use to backup my files in any case. As a next step I will try reflash same ROM file, that I have used for update. But for this time I will make a double check of SHA and MD5. I will report further steps, loses and hopefully succes.

Tried dirty flash for previous HyperOS version 1.0.5.0. Big mistake. Now system boots, wifi works, but every app, that I try to use cannot start, There is an error like "wait until device is completly reseted". No apps also in settings. Also I am not possible to edit anything in settings. In this state I am happy, that I have made backup od all my files. Right now I will try to factory reset device and install everything back. It will be pain, but I have no other choice. I don't know what happened in this update, but it completly screwed my system. It is first time, that something like that occured to me. For next time I will do full system backup trough TWRP to be sure..

Hello! I did exactly the same thing. TWRP says I have the wrong password. Now I'm trying to reset to factory settings. But it doesn't work. I don't know what to do.

I bought the device in China. Then unlocked it. Installed it with Fastboot EU Rom. Later, when HyperOS came out, I switched to a new system with TWRP. Now when I start TWRP, it asks me for the password for user (0). I enter my password, but it is wrong. Resetting via system does not work. What should I do? If I want to reset, what state will it be reset to?

Hi everyone,

I am currently facing a problem with my ROM. I have installed HyperOS stable ROM trough updater app as usual, but problem has occured right after first boot. After I have unlocked my device, pop up window came to me with error message "HyperOS launcher has crashed" and it repeated again and again. Everything I had was my wallpaper and this error message. I was able to go to drop down menu and to the settings. I was able to fix launcher error with wiping all launcher data trough app settings menu, but I am still facing to the problem with crashing system apps like assistent, security app etc. Also my internet connection does not work (wifi, nor cellular data). Cellular data icon shows, that I am connected to 5G/4G, but I am not able to recieve any calls, and also I am unable to make any calls. I have tried to connect my phone to PC to save some data, but also I am unable to change "charging only" to "transfer data" in drop down menu. I am stuck with "dead alive phone".

Did you solve the problem? I encountered exactly the same problems and, after reinstalling version 1.0.6.0 several times in the hope that something would be corrected, I insisted on trying to enter the developer settings even though, as you said, I was getting the message "settings stopped working". In the end, I've managed to enter the developer settings and checked USB debugging, as gogocar62 said in another post, then I entered the two ADB commands that solved my problem. Finally, everything returned to normal. I like this phone too much to replace it right now.
I hope you or anyone else in the same situation can succeed.

Attachments

• ADB commands results.jpg
    ADB commands results.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Vakos
Hi, I had just the same problem as you described when updating my mi12pro to 1.0.8.0. Tried to backup data with almost no luck, so I just gave up and factory reset my phone. Never had same issue before with Xiaomi.eu ROM. The good thing however is that after the reset my phone works way faster.

Did you solve the problem? I encountered exactly the same problems and, after reinstalling version 1.0.6.0 several times in the hope that something would be corrected, I insisted on trying to enter the developer settings even though, as you said, I was getting the message "settings stopped working". In the end, I've managed to enter the developer settings and checked USB debugging, as gogocar62 said in another post, then I entered the two ADB commands that solved my problem. Finally, everything returned to normal. I like this phone too much to replace it right now.
I hope you or anyone else in the same situation can succeed.
Thanks for reply. For me it is too late. I already did factory reset. Luckily I was able to save all my data trough TWRP. If it is possible, Your reply shoud be "pinned" as solution, so We can find it easily and use it.

Hi, I had just the same problem as you described when updating my mi12pro to 1.0.8.0. Tried to backup data with almost no luck, so I just gave up and factory reset my phone. Never had same issue before with Xiaomi.eu ROM. The good thing however is that after the reset my phone works way faster.
If You are using TWRP You should be able to connect Your phone to PC and backup all data from the phone. Try it next time.

• Haha
Reactions: NOSS8