Xiaomi Mi 5s Battery Issue

Norberto Garcia

Members
Nov 26, 2016
Hi! I have recently bought a xiaomi mi 5s and I think I have some battery issues.

On a normal day, the battery gets discharged in about 12 hours and actually I don't use the phone so much. I mean, just for messaging and listen to music (some time). Is it normal?
Untitled.png

I have to say the phone has a multi-language OS which I think it was modified by the store where I bought it.
photo_2016-11-26_16-09-27.jpg

I guess that happen due to the OS. So, should I install another OS?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

This is not normal behaviour, at least not on the xiaomi eu rom.
Check your app battery usage and see if some are keeping your device alive when they shouldn't

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm installing xiaomi.eu ROM as soon as I get my phone unlocked by xiaomi.
However, are there any way/app to see ALL the processes with their battery use? I realized that the default battery usage app don't show me all the processes on detail.

I think it would be a good idea check if the battery is internally broken, any ideas?

Try GSam Battery Monitor. Also, it appears you have a fake/bogus ROM. There is no MIUI 8.6 released.

Finally I have successfully installed xiaomi.eu ROM. I have been using the phone this morning (4h atm) and the battery went from 100% to 88%. So it seems to be fixed.

By the way, the phone was already unlocked so I didn't have to ask xiaomi for it.

yes, but if it is not officially unlocked, at some point you will have issues (read in the forums). My advice is to apply for unlock and when you get permission, install china dev rom and proceed with unlock. After that, you may install whichever rom you want, no worry. Or else you may find yourself into a soft brick later.