Xiaomi Mi 5x With Android One Instead Of Miui

Teppy

Members
Feb 17, 2018
I everyone.
I received a new Xiaomi MI 5X (4gb ra and 64gb disk space). I was thinking that like mi MI6 it would arrive with MIUI system. It is with android one.
I have an apple pc enviroment with an iMac. Is there a simple way to flash it correctly with the MIUI environment?

Thanks for your help.

Woaw, never seen that one before.

Are you sure it's a 5X and not an A1 ? (If it's labelled "Android One" on the back it's definitely not a 5X)
Maybe A1 tutorials could work for you, since they both have android one ?

Is fastboot mode available ? (Vol - and power)
If it is, you can follow this tutorial (Think to unlock USB debugging first) :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/how-to-mi-a1-bootloader-unlocking-t3678653

Once it's successfuly unlock, flash twrp (right TWRP for 5x is Tiffany)
And finally flash the rom

Last edited:
Hi there! Thank you for your reply.
Yes I'm sure it is a 5X. When I turn on appear a message with a lock with wrote: UNLOCKED. So I think that before to send it to me, someone replaced the original MIUI and installed Adroid One. The problem is that... I love MIUI!!!!
The Fast book is available. If I read unlocked, I think is more easy to return to original environment.
But I don't know how to reset it and flash again the original rom.

If it's already unlock it will be easier ^^
Can you check if you have TWRP ? Turn off your phone and turn it on mainting Vol + and Power
(Google "TWRP menu" if you don't know what it looks like, click on Reboot and System to return on the phone)

If TWRP is here, copy the 5X rom on the phone ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...iles/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv9.2/ )
Flash with TWRP (Install, select Miui ROM)
Full wipe (Wipe, full wipe/wipe all data)
Reboot, system
Should be good

Last edited:
Booting the device using VOL+ didn't produced nothing. It started with Android One....

Booting the device using VOL+ didn't produced nothing. It started with Android One....
download "quick reboot" programme in play store. go to recovery in quick reboot. you can see twrp or original recovery (in chineese)