Xiaomi Mi TV 4s

Saivi

Members
Apr 23, 2020
Hello, I found a big bug on Xiaomi TV. I buyed a 55" Mi TV 4S and it's great. So I buyed another one for my parents. I dont watch Live TV so I didnt recognize that there is something wrong. My parents do watch Live TV, so after set up I wondered, why it isnt possible to switch tv channels with UP and DOWN button. You have to press CH LIST, choose your channel and press okay button.Thats very, very inconvinient!

So I downloaded the Google-made App "Live Channels". The Live Channels App allows you to switch channels by pressing UP and DOWN buttons, but the App looks ugly as hell. I was very disappointed.

When I went home and startet my own Xiaomi Mi TV 4S, big surprise! On my TV it is possible to switch channels with UP and Down at the build-in Live TV! I was very confused and thought, well there must be an issue with the build in Live TV App on my parents TV. So the next day, I went back to my parents home and deleted Cache and Data of the build-in Live TV App. But the issue persists. So I restartet the device and wow! It worked! The build-in Live TV is switching channels by pressing UP and DOWN! Hurrey!

Two days later, I realised, you cant switch channels by voice control. It always shows "No channel found" if I try to change channel by voice comand. So I went to the settings of Google Assistant and found a setting to manage, in which Apps Google Assistant should search. But if I go into this setting, the page keeps grey. I thougt, well seems like another tiny crash or bug. So I restarted the TV, but it wont help. I decided to reset the whole TV to factory settings.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

After set up, Google Assistant is working again, but the first issue, switching TV channels by UP and DOWN isnt working!!

I tried the same as I did at first time but this time it didnt helped. I still found no way to fix it again.

It is very strange, it looks like there are no documentations about these issues! I only found many complainings about the inconvinent way to switch channels. I guess most of this people didnt know it's a bug!

Did anyone have an idea?!
Does anyone have similar experiences?

The TV is unusable with this bugs and many users complaining about the inconvinent way to switch channels! I am sure, most of them dont know, that this is a bug and not a missing feature!

Last edited:
Wow! I fixed it again!! I deactivated HbbTv and it is possible to switch channels by UP and Down now! Yay!! :)

To anyone who have a Mi TV, please check how your device is behaving and try my solution until Xiaomi fixes these bugs!

Last edited:
given you do know your miTV 4s' remote control has a " wheel " for navigating a user interface only, what does your RC look like ?
your remote control has all ' volume + and - ' and also ' CH + and - ' buttons ?
you may want to tap those numbered buttons to switch channels though.

Last edited: