Xiaomi mi2 dock with hdmi and usb ports?

labotsirc

Members
Nov 1, 2012
do you guys know if there is any kind of dock that will allow us to work with the phone as a desktop replacement?
More in detail, a dock with the sufficient amount of USB ports, power, and HDMI port.

Haven't seen anything like that but I'd like to have that stuff if it exist :)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Such thing exactly as described could not exist. MI2 port specifications prohibit simultaneous use of HDMI (MHL) and USB signaling. So one can use the microUSB port on our MI2 for either HDMI OR USB output, and not for both in the same time. Some motorola smartphones have such docking stations, however they (the smartphones) have separate USB AND HDMI ports.Similzar functionality (desktop replacement) could be achieved in several ways, basically we have two variants:1. wired keyboard/mouse+wireless display;2. wired display+wireless keyboard/mouse (bluetooth)

Reactions: deini
what you wrote makes sense to me and probably is it true, but there will be new phone in near future - Ubuntu phone.. it is smartphone in hands and whole PC workstation in dock.. there will be one port with all (HDMI-MHL/mouse/keyboard). This makes me think about that, how they do that, because there's prototype with all working.