xiaomi Mi3 Released! Specs and Pictures

You need 850 and 1900 wcdma bands for att in the us. I'm using them now on my mi2. T-Mobile uses 1700 and 2100 bands but has started rolling out 1900 MHz in a few places. So if you don't have 1900 MHz you'll be stuck on slow edge. Works perfect on att for me though.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

I'm using Mi2 on AT&T right now but I wanted to check if Mi3 changed basebands. So it will work for my AT&T but not for my friend's T-Mobile?
Thanks for your help.

If your Not here in China , version available is ....

CPU:Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB

3G Network:
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz

2G Network:
GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Thanks. According to wikipedia, T-Mobile is moving 3G from 1700 to 1900MHz? Doesn't this mean 3G is supported for Mi3? or maybe the transfer is not finished.

This means that you will have 3G signal on the places where it comes on 1900MHz band.
Maybe you should ask other users or your company which frequency is the most used.
In Spain, for example, 3G comes in 900 and 2100 MHz frequencies, but in most places it comes in 2100. I had a M2S, which doesn't support 900MHz band and i didn't notice a lack of 3G capabilities

Enviado desde mi HTC Sensation XE

I looked in to this because I bought Mi3 and was looking for a new contractless carrier to use. T-Mobile has refarmed some areas to 1900MHz, but only select markets! If you are outside of those areas you will drop to EDGE which will be hella slow. In my area (Washington D.C. metro area), they refarmed the 1900MHz spectrum, but if I ever travel outside the region I'll lose 3G. If you want a cheap-ish carrier where you will have 3G most of the time, I recommend getting a Straight Talk AT&T sim card as AT&T's bands are perfectly aligned with the standard European ones and will work flawlessly.

If you still are interested in T-Mobile check out http://www.airportal.de/ to see if there have been any 1900MHz 3G sightings in your area.

Reactions: laser20
Be sure that after 2 years you will be able to replace the battery yourself, just using a simple guide. ;)

I'm curious about this whole MI3 business.

Going to watch how this progresses.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk 4

I'm sorry I can't find the link right now, but I read a review saying that M3 is very easy to open and repair.
Even on my old Motorola Razr was easy to replace the battery. So I wouldn't be afraid about this.

Enviado desde mi unknown usando Tapatalk 4

So does this support GSM carriers? Does it support 4g or HSPA? I wish it had more US support marketing wise.

Last edited:
From what i saw in the pictures the battery is connected to the board using a flat ribbon cable plus clipper.

This should make it fairly easy to replace the battery in case of failure.

Thank god they didn't solder the connection like other cheap brand China stuff does.

Until that time, the Xiaomi Mi3 may not be HOT :(, except for Xiaomi fans :D
it will be available in decembre imediately after the 16GB will be released, if it was on february then why is still on the list to choice which one to buy!?

it has the same price when you change to 64GB it directly get to $494 its just $5 less! Not worth trying to get the phone from an unofficial page!

Ibuygou is just as unofficial as spemall. Ibuygou is an official partner of this forum. Spemall is an official vendor at droidforums.net

None of them are official Xiaomi vendors.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ibuygou is just as unofficial as spemall. Ibuygou is an official partner of this forum. Spemall is an official vendor at droidforums.net
Dude you want that Iphone has him own store like Iphone store where there will be shell only iphones!? no dude iphone is shelled worldwide in every store and its official. but for this phone is the best store to buy it "Ibuygou"