Xiaomi Mi5 - No Service Issue

poplach

Members
Aug 30, 2016
I have updated xiaomi to new MIUI 8 and after restart phone works well, but both SIM-cards are no service.
I can't configure them. I tried installing old MIUI 7 global, tried xiaomi.eu - nothing worked.
I formatted everything with TWRP and afterwards installed a new ROM - no signs of success.

On some old forum found a thread with xiaomi mi2s where was the same issue - the band diapason was suddenly changed to chinese and didn't work in Europe. Not sure if I have the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doesn't work for my MI5. Would be second time I had to downgrade to last week release just to get my SIM2 working. Wiping cache and dalvik does not do the trick unfortunately..

Anything to do with EFS, looks rather technical but some threads lead there? Can't post links as I did not post more than 10 posts yet in this forum

Last edited:
I have updated xiaomi to new MIUI 8 and after restart phone works well, but both SIM-cards are no service.
I can't configure them. I tried installing old MIUI 7 global, tried xiaomi.eu - nothing worked.
I formatted everything with TWRP and afterwards installed a new ROM - no signs of success.

On some old forum found a thread with xiaomi mi2s where was the same issue - the band diapason was suddenly changed to chinese and didn't work in Europe. Not sure if I have the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

you either remove and not install SuperSU, or install the latest one (its even on the ROM Download description)

How to update to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0:
- Install LATEST Android 6.0 release for MI5 6.11.10
- Install TWRP 3.0.2.3 or ZCX
- Reboot to new TWRP
- Install Android 7.0 release
- Reboot - Never wipe /system partition manually!
- Done
- In case of any issues, make factory reset via system settings
- For ROOT on Android 7.0 install SuperSU 2.79
- For update from 7.0 to 7.0 reboot into TWRP (Updater app doesn't work yet)