xiaomi mipad crash play books

carlos gonzalez

Members
Feb 12, 2014
hello,

i need some help running the app google play books. i have installed the MULTI-ROM 4.7.11 from xiaomi.eu and the there are apps that doesn't work. Every time i open it, keeps crashing.

also several options in "settings" couse the system to crash like "buttons & keys".

is there something i can do to fix this issue besides wiping the cache and installing again the rom?, because i already did that and it doesn't work.

thanks in advance.

Yes. Tell what language you use. And maybe try to make adb logcat.

Yes. Tell what language you use. And maybe try to make adb logcat.
I have the exact same problem. The application runs, but as soon as I try to open any book in my library, the app crashes and I get the message that Google Play Books has stopped. When I try to report the crash, I get the message that Google Play Store has stopped. I am using English Language . Attached is a zipped logcat.

Attachments

• googleplaybooks-logcat.zip
    392.5 KB · Views: 348
I have the exact same problem. The application runs, but as soon as I try to open any book in my library, the app crashes and I get the message that Google Play Books has stopped. When I try to report the crash, I get the message that Google Play Store has stopped. I am using English Language . Attached is a zipped logcat.

Update: Version 4.7.18 of MIUI has fixed the problem.

I need help here. I have 64GB version of Mipad. I have the same problem with Google Play Book. I am not planning to root and install a new ROM and my version (already latest, I'm notified) is 4.4.2KOT49H, versionKXFCNBF5.0. I can download books on Play book but I cannot open any book at all. It crashed every time I tried to open any book. Stephen Ferell's comment before me mentioned "Update: Version 4.7.18 of MIUI has fixed the problem" however, I cannot get this normally with the original Mipad OS which I want to keep. Is there any other way I could use Google Play Book on my Mipad? Thanks in advance.

No need to root your system but you do need to update your tablet. Subsequent system updates have fixed the problem with Play Books. Go to Settings, System Update, Check Updates and allow your tablet to download and upgrade to the latest version of MIUI which is now version 4.8.22

hello,

i need some help running the app google play books. i have installed the MULTI-ROM 4.7.11 from xiaomi.eu and the there are apps that doesn't work. Every time i open it, keeps crashing.

also several options in "settings" couse the system to crash like "buttons & keys".

is there something i can do to fix this issue besides wiping the cache and installing again the rom?, because i already did that and it doesn't work.

thanks in advance.

In your google play book, just go to settings and turn off "Use 3D page turn" option (or something to do with 3D page turning), and it fixed the problem for me.