Xiaomi Miui One, troubleshooting problems

Mar 27, 2014
I updated my phone to the new 4.3.7 system update; my niece was playing with my phone and deleted some pre installed apps from the new update; and now I cannot even get past the opening screen when the miui logo goes from silver to gold; I need help immediately. I tried downloading the update into a media card from the internet onto a different phone and then I tried to put that media card into my miui one and it still would not work.

you have to flash that update.zip from the recovery, check if the md5sum of the file is correct

dude you can even make some research on the forum. Anyway once in recovery choose Select "Install update.zip to system one" the romfile must be on the root of the sd card (it mean in /) and named update.zip

From the pc check if the update.zip md5sum is the same as the one listed the page were you downloaded it use Winmd5free (i suppose you're on windows)

If you don't have any important data on the phone you can even make all the wipes in the recovery installing the latest rom on a "clean system"