XIAOMI MIX FOLD 3

hoangnam1702

Members
Jan 21, 2019
I was also looking forward to the EU ROM of the Mix Fold version.
I'm very disappointed to hear that you don't have any plans.
I hope you will develop it.

Reactions: PacMan83

Hello.

Please, owners of Fold 3 need your help. Chinese MIUI on this phone blocks notifications from messengers, FC every app that is running in the background, makes using this wonderful and incredible device a pain :( We tried everything, every Magisk module available, freezing MIUI power managers, disabling MIUI optimizations, locking apps in memory etc., but it appears that CN MIUI has some sort of "white list" of applications that are allowed to work normally, like in EU version, and KILLS everything else no matter what we do :(

There are NO custom ROM-s for Mix Fold devices. The one and only upcoming is from EliteRom, they sell it for money, but according to reports from first adopters, nothing is changed there concerning notification problems. :(

A lot of devices with CN MIUI suffer from the same problems, and as far as I know, the only people who managed to find & fix this - are you, the developers of Xiaomi.eu, by far the best custom ROM in the history of custom ROMs.

I understand, that FOLD devices are not very common, so it makes little sence to put considerable effort into making EU rom for them, especially because of changes specific to folding phones. But, may be, you can release a patch for CN MIUI that does the same thing you do in your ROMs to fix notifications? I doubt that this part of OS is different on folding devices, perhaps one universal patch would work on several not supported by xiaomi.eu phones? Trust me, users of those would erect a 10km-high granite monument for you, if this patch becomes a reality.

Thank you for your excellent work, with great respect - Drakosha.

Have you tried to set the battery saver options in app info to "no restrictions" ?
Yes. And 256 times more than that. Including FCMFix Magisk module, uninstalling "miui powerkeeper" app, allowing execution for cached apps in developer options, turning off miui optimization, miui notifications, freezing miui notification app e.t.c. We tried EVERYTHING.

Hello.

Please, owners of Fold 3 need your help. Chinese MIUI on this phone blocks notifications from messengers, FC every app that is running in the background, makes using this wonderful and incredible device a pain :( We tried everything, every Magisk module available, freezing MIUI power managers, disabling MIUI optimizations, locking apps in memory etc., but it appears that CN MIUI has some sort of "white list" of applications that are allowed to work normally, like in EU version, and KILLS everything else no matter what we do :(

There are NO custom ROM-s for Mix Fold devices. The one and only upcoming is from EliteRom, they sell it for money, but according to reports from first adopters, nothing is changed there concerning notification problems. :(

A lot of devices with CN MIUI suffer from the same problems, and as far as I know, the only people who managed to find & fix this - are you, the developers of Xiaomi.eu, by far the best custom ROM in the history of custom ROMs.

I understand, that FOLD devices are not very common, so it makes little sence to put considerable effort into making EU rom for them, especially because of changes specific to folding phones. But, may be, you can release a patch for CN MIUI that does the same thing you do in your ROMs to fix notifications? I doubt that this part of OS is different on folding devices, perhaps one universal patch would work on several not supported by xiaomi.eu phones? Trust me, users of those would erect a 10km-high granite monument for you, if this patch becomes a reality.

I'm experiencing the same issues,. apps like wattsup,. FB messenger etc everytime I need to launch the app to see if there are any messages. I have tinkered with all the settings etc,. On rebooting the device it works for few hours but once the phone has been on standby sometime everything goes silent. I was on Xda developers to see if anyone there was coming up with a custom rom anytime soon,. Judging by the comments above these developers need some cash incentive to motivate some action,. So why not set up a gofundme campaign for the first developer to release a functioning custom mix fold 3 rom. Cash isn't an issue but I'm not funding this project for the globe to take advantage of

I was thinking of buying one from any of the websites available. Why can't all just donate one device to the developers. It's not like it's a lot. Many are available locally. Also there are second hand markets in China and I have friends in China. We can get a mix fold 2 for a low price easily. Example about 500-600$. If each of us chip in like 20$. It would be easy to get it. No need for a gofund me and all. Or whatever you guys decide.

I was thinking of buying one from any of the websites available. Why can't all just donate one device to the developers. It's not like it's a lot. Many are available locally. Also there are second hand markets in China and I have friends in China. We can get a mix fold 2 for a low price easily. Example about 500-600$. If each of us chip in like 20$. It would be easy to get it. No need for a gofund me and all. Or whatever you guys decide.
Even having the device doesn't change the fact that it uses an almost complete set of special variants for the apps that would require separate set of patches.
It's not like having the device worth anything to us, we're not collectors. :D

Reactions: Imroronoazoro
Even having the device doesn't change the fact that it uses an almost complete set of special variants for the apps that would require separate set of patches.
It's not like having the device worth anything to us, we're not collectors. :D
Umm so no hope. Okay.. We'll I tried haha.

With the release and widespread acclaim of OnePlus Open on various YouTube channels, I'm contemplating getting a foldable phone as my next upgrade. It's disappointing to learn that the EU ROM doesn't support foldables. I'll be closely following this thread, hoping for a change by the time my 10T (already on its second battery) requires a replacement. If anyone has suggestions for another ROM that supports automatic call recording of both parties, I'd be grateful. This feature is paramount to me and is the primary reason I've stuck with this ROM.

I am so disappointed.... Bought the Xiaomi watch 2 pro....
Cannot pair with Fold 3.....
So so so .... sad......

Hello.

Have you tried to replace "Battery and Performance 4.2.00" Global version from ApkMirror to replace the China version one?
Try search Battery and Performance by Xiaomi in Apkmirror

Choose the APK file with Android version that meet your Device. Latest Mix Fold 3 should be Android 14 or 13? I am not sure.
This fix the messenger problem for other Xiaomi China Device but I am not sure if it is working on Foldable device.