Xiaomi Notes App Sync and Log in website error 504

Fyetz

Members
Sep 11, 2024
I can't synchronize my notes, synchronization fails every time I try. The app seems to require internet permission, leading to a sync interruption with the following error message:

"Sync was interrupted. Try again."

1726070242656.jpg

When I try to access Xiaomi's notes via the web (Xiaomi Cloud) on the computer, the page just keeps loading and sometimes when I try to reload it, error 504 gateway time-out appears.

Redmi Note 8.

Reactions: vapenote3
I can't synchronize my notes, synchronization fails every time I try. The app seems to require internet permission, leading to a sync interruption with the following error message:

"Sync was interrupted. Try again."

View attachment 53959

When I try to access Xiaomi's notes via the web (Xiaomi Cloud) on the computer, the page just keeps loading and sometimes when I try to reload it, error 504 gateway time-out appears.

Redmi Note 8.
Omg, samee. I don't know what to do. Does it sync contacts etc? Can you try it?

Reactions: Fyetz
Omg, samee. I don't know what to do. Does it sync contacts etc? Can you try it?
I'm a little relieved that I'm not alone in this, but also afraid of I won't be able to access it, as I have a lot of information in the cloud.

I tried syncing my contacts too but was unsuccessful. I also tried logging in via the computer and the web but the page just keeps loading and appears try again.

This has never happened, I've tried everything, but it seems to be Xiaomi's own server.

My brother also tried to synchronize on his cell phone but was unsuccessful. His cell phone is a Xiaomi Mi11

Last edited:
Reactions: moonxdai
I'm a little relieved that I'm not alone in this, but also afraid of I won't be able to access it, as I have a lot of information in the cloud.

I tried syncing my contacts too but was unsuccessful. I also tried logging in via the computer and the web but the page just keeps loading and appears try again.

This has never happened, I've tried everything, but it seems to be Xiaomi's own server.

My brother also tried to synchronize on his cell phone but was unsuccessful. His cell phone is a Xiaomi Mi11
I'm also relieved that i'm not the only one. So, it's actually a xiaomi server problem. Is it possible that there is a problem in Europe's xiaomi server? I'm from Europe, are you as well?
Also, do you have all of your contacts etc locally in your phone? If you do and it keeps happening, you can transfer them via Google keep for notes or something.
Do you think there's any chance that it won't get fixed to us because we have older phones and they don't get updated anymore?
Let me know if you find a solution or it get fixed for you or your brother or if you find another person that has the same problem as well. Most of the people i know who has xiaomi phones don't have a mi account

Last edited:
I'm not sure, maybe it's a global problem, I'm from Brazil. My whole family uses Xiaomi and their cell phones are current, unlike mine. They face the same synchronization problem, so it's a Xiaomi problem, not with the cell phone.
I try to access the Xiaomi cloud from my notebook and my computer and the page just keeps loading as I reported before, even on current and powerful devices. I used a website in my country that measures the speed of another website and shows if the website is unavailable, when I enter the cloud url, it appears that the page has a delay of 2 minutes.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. Since the problem is not just with our devices, but probably with the server or something like that. I have already sent an email to Xiaomi support but I'm afraid it will take a while before I get a response or I may not even get a response.

Let me know if you have any news, I'll let you know if I discover anything too

Last edited:
I'm not sure, maybe it's a global problem, I'm from Brazil. My whole family uses Xiaomi and their cell phones are current, unlike mine. They face the same synchronization problem, so it's a Xiaomi problem, not with the cell phone.
I try to access the Xiaomi cloud from my notebook and my computer and the page just keeps loading as I reported before, even on current and powerful devices. I used a website in my country that measures the speed of another website and shows if the website is unavailable, when I enter the cloud url, it appears that the page has a delay of 2 minutes.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. Since the problem is not just with our devices, but probably with the server or something like that. I have already sent an email to Xiaomi support but I'm afraid it will take a while before I get a response or I may not even get a response.

Let me know if you have any news, I'll let you know if I discover anything too
Okay, so it sure is something global. It's gonna be something bigger with the xiaomi servers, but i haven't heard anyone having this issue now except for you.
I did a feedback compliant through the app, i didn't get into contact with xiaomi support, so let me know how that goes.
I found a question on Reddit from 5 months ago, i asked and a person told me that it got fixed and that i should log out and log back in. I won't try it for now but let me know if you do. I also asked him if his syncing works fine, i'll inform you about his reply.
Generally, keep in touch if you have any news and i will too.

Okay, so it sure is something global. It's gonna be something bigger with the xiaomi servers, but i haven't heard anyone having this issue now except for you.
I did a feedback compliant through the app, i didn't get into contact with xiaomi support, so let me know how that goes.
I found a question on Reddit from 5 months ago, i asked and a person told me that it got fixed and that i should log out and log back in. I won't try it for now but let me know if you do. I also asked him if his syncing works fine, i'll inform you about his reply.
Generally, keep in touch if you have any news and i will too.
So, he did reply me and said that his sync works just fine now. Is there any way you can try his method and log out and log back in any of the available devices you have?
Also, i did try to log in to mi account via a browser again, and it is fine, but when i click into notes for example it keeps loading and it says something like activate failed, refresh the page and try again.
Keep me informed and take care.

Last edited:
So, I tried logging out and logging in several times, I even created another account but it still remains the same. As I said, I tried on several different cell phones, poco x3, mi11, redmi 9, on my computer and notebook but the synchronization doesn't work.

I can access notes on my cell phone, but I can't synchronize notes or contacts with the cloud. When I try to enter via computer or notebook, I arrive at the same part as you, but when I click on something the page just keeps loading.
The first image is when I enter the cloud, before clicking on something. That black square in the left corner of the screen is saying "Unable to log in. Try this: Update"
The second image is when i click on something, in the notes for example. The page just keeps loading and asks to refresh and try again
But I have news, Xiaomi support responded to me by email, here is the message:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,
Hello, Greetings from Xiaomi Customer Support! This is Diana.
We at Xiaomi value your trust and we apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we'll assist you on this. And we would be grateful if you could share your country/region with us.
Thanks for your feedback, the server is updating, which may cause sync failure. Please try again after 48 hours.
We appreciate your cooperation and support to Xiaomi.
Best Regards
Xiaomi Global Email Service
If you have any other questions, welcome to visit again. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
Follow Twitter@XiaomiSupport to get latest product tips and service information. https://twitter.com/XiaomiSupport

-------------------邮件原件-------------------

She said that the system is being updated and this may affect the synchronization, it was supposed to try again after 48 hours.

If you enter the Xiaomi cloud website and click on the bottom of the website where it says "server status" you will see all the services that are unavailable or working.

Attachments

• 2024-09-12_09-35.png
    2024-09-12_09-35.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2024-09-12_09-48.png
    2024-09-12_09-48.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
some items only sync:
calendar,
wifi
bluetooth,

other items says try again.

Yes, it is a global problem. Xiaomi's global support, as I mentioned above, said it was an update and this could cause synchronization problems, as has been seen. They told me to try after 48 hours, but I haven't been able to use the apps for a week now.

I told them and I'll say it again:

It's sad to know that Xiaomi doesn't care about its customers' experience. How can such a large and globally recognized company not notify you through a notification that there will be an update that could influence the service of its users? I use the Xiaomi notes app on my cell phone synchronized with the Notebook, many college studies are there and I can't access them because the backup doesn't work. The service has been unavailable all week, and it's not just me, but globally, and Xiaomi can't send a notification or make a public note warning that the service will be unavailable, saving its customers from experiencing problems? So sad. I really hope that in the future Xiaomi can improve the way it deals with issues like this, especially when important services go down, harming their customers and without even notifying the reason behind it.

Yes, it is a global problem. Xiaomi's global support, as I mentioned above, said it was an update and this could cause synchronization problems, as has been seen. They told me to try after 48 hours, but I haven't been able to use the apps for a week now.

I told them and I'll say it again:

It's sad to know that Xiaomi doesn't care about its customers' experience. How can such a large and globally recognized company not notify you through a notification that there will be an update that could influence the service of its users? I use the Xiaomi notes app on my cell phone synchronized with the Notebook, many college studies are there and I can't access them because the backup doesn't work. The service has been unavailable all week, and it's not just me, but globally, and Xiaomi can't send a notification or make a public note warning that the service will be unavailable, saving its customers from experiencing problems? So sad. I really hope that in the future Xiaomi can improve the way it deals with issues like this, especially when important services go down, harming their customers and without even notifying the reason behind it.
It is sad indeed. I really hope that they'll fix it in time

I am from Thailand and I am facing the same issue

Attachments

• 2024-09-14_060346.png
    2024-09-14_060346.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Sad. I like Xiaomi's notes app because it's simple but meets my expectations and I can sync it with other devices. But after this problem, I was really affected and I'm looking for other note-taking apps. If anyone knows of one, please leave a suggestion

Some I know (google keep, One note) but I didn't like those.

Sad. I like Xiaomi's notes app because it's simple but meets my expectations and I can sync it with other devices. But after this problem, I was really affected and I'm looking for other note-taking apps. If anyone knows of one, please leave a suggestion

Some I know (google keep, One note) but I didn't like those.
I'm using notion for now while waiting for xiaomi notes to come back

Last edited:
Reactions: Fyetz and fatmike11
now i use notion (desktop & mobile) ,while waiting xiaomi notes is back

View attachment 53975
i'll try it, thanks

Xiaomi Support.Global​

Dear Sir/Madam,
Hello, Greetings from Xiaomi Customer Support! This is Shelley.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We suggest you try again now. If the problem is not resolved, please keep some patience. Our engineers are urgently handling this issue.
Best Regards
If you have any other questions, welcome to visit again. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
Follow Twitter@XiaomiSupport to get latest product tips and service information. https://twitter.com/XiaomiSupport

If anyone managed to access the cloud let me know, it's still failing here

i'll try it, thanks

Xiaomi Support.Global​

Dear Sir/Madam,
Hello, Greetings from Xiaomi Customer Support! This is Shelley.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We suggest you try again now. If the problem is not resolved, please keep some patience. Our engineers are urgently handling this issue.
Best Regards

If anyone managed to access the cloud let me know, it's still failing here
Same here, still failing

I created a thread on the official Xiaomi community reporting the same thing. I don't think it will do any good, but if you want to see it, you can access it via the link:

you can also access the official xiaomi community, click on forum, click on Xiaomi Support and then click on latest publications. Or just search the forum, in the Xiaomi Support section for the post title: Fails to sync apps and access the cloud

Attachments

• 2024-09-15_13-28.png
    2024-09-15_13-28.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 24
The problem is not in European Xiaomi server, but in all servers. I'm not from EU but have the same issue. Xiaomi team responded to me and said that it'll be fixed in few days. Data isn't deleted but it's put under currently unavailable services.

1726511135972.png
+1 for the same issue. Can't access notes from browser for the last week. Just hope to see them again and move to Google keep, since that is exteremely severe outage. I've moved to aosp roms and to another phone vendor, but used mi cloud website to access the notes for years. Never been more happier to have stopped using miui.