Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro

Carloespo

Members
Apr 19, 2016
Goodmorning.
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. Under the battery is written to be 2014811 and in setting 2HM LTE-CU.
I bought it from Gearbest, and it came to me with MIUI Global 7.1 | Stable 7.1.5.0 KHJMICK : it works with my carrier (I'm italian) but there isn't italian lenguage.
So I'm asking you which ROM I have to download to fix my smartphone.
I read a lot, but I didin't understand, can you help me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-19-08-06-17_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-08-06-17_com.android.settings.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 343
Hi, I have a 2014813 model but should be similar, go to settings-- additional settings--language & input and find your language.
Hope this helps :)

Hello Carlo.
It's strange, because 20140811 is usually serial number of redmi 2 not pro. I've redmi 2 pro bought from grossoshop and I've always used the rom for 20140813 model. In any case to have italian language you have to flash a multilanguage rom that you can find her ein xiaomi.eu. You have to download the rom for your model and then flash it using twrp recovery. weekly rom roots you device and it's improved weekly by developers, while stable rom does'nt root device and it's improved more rarely.

Thank you for your answer.
I read that in some Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro is written 2014811 but they are 2014813 (and this appear only when you are updating through the updater app).
I'm confused about rom: can I flash Redmi 2 (NOT PRO) rom if it is for 2014811 (so my model)?
I read also some users lost IMEI, why?
Thank you so much!

If it's 2giga ram and 16giga rom i think it's a 20140813 model, so I think you can flash a rom for this model (now it's called 86047). Is device rooted? Have u installed twrp recovery?have u 4g Connection?

No, it isn't rooted and I don't have TWRP. Using CPU-Z...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-19-22-05-01_com.cpuid.cpu_z.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-22-05-01_com.cpuid.cpu_z.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 293
It seems to be 2014811.i suggest to you di download AN old weekly rom for 20140811 from xiaomi.eu (of january for example) and flash it by updater.so you'll have the root and with it you can flash twrp recovery. Then you can flash the current weekly rom (now with Android 5.1).

Why can't I flash directly current weekly rom?
But, according to you, I'm downloading "xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2014811_6.1.21_v7-4.4.zip" is it ok?

New roms are quite different and I fear they need twrp recovery to be flashed. Stock recovery can flash only the official roms and not multilanguage. It happened in february /march. If you read the first Page of Last weekly roms in forum you can fine. That rom is ok. Try to flash it by updater.

Device accepted 2014811 update, so ufficially it's 2014811 model.
I just updated it, now can you link me corrct TWRP Recovery? I want to prevent to lost IMEI. Than you so much.

Ok. Now you should have root and italian language. Search latest twrp for.. 20140811 and flash it by flashify app. I think you can download twrp also somewhere here from xiaomi.eu but i don't have link. Otherwise try in the italian miui forum.

Ok. Now you should have root and italian language. Search latest twrp for.. 20140811 and flash it by flashify app. I think you can download twrp also somewhere here from xiaomi.eu but i don't have link. Otherwise try in the italian miui forum.

I checked but there is problem now. I downloaded Flashify but it said that I don't have root. What I have to do?

Ok, activated and also lenguage fixed. I downloaded TWRP for 2014811, but Flashify doesn't find it.

Ok, activated and also lenguage fixed. I downloaded TWRP for 2014811, but Flashify doesn't find it.
You have to selettiva flash/file zip/choose file and then find zip file of twrp by file Explorer/flashify. Depends were it id in your memory. I go sleep

Flashify only opens .IMG file and the twrp file that I downloaded from this site is zip. Extraxting is not right I think.

Thank you so much. Goodnight.
By flashify you can also flash zip files. Flash /zip file /choose a file/file Explorer (that with flashify icon). Then you have to find by file Explorer the zip file of recovery and flash it.