Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Root? Or Just Update?

Thomoso

Members
Aug 24, 2015
I have installed root/update for Redmi 2 end it's not being seen as rooted by root checker?

And i still got bloatware software i can't remove, software like Browser, cm transfer end a lot of process that i want to stop.

Hi, you can just flash the SuperSU zip file from your TWRP recovery and remove/freeze any bloatware with TitaniumBackup Pro.

Also, when you update your phone to newer version of ROM, don't forget to flash the SuperSU once again right after the ROM flash process finished. This way your phone will not lose the root access after updated to newer version of ROM.

I have installed root/update for Redmi 2 end it's not being seen as rooted by root checker?

And i still got bloatware software i can't remove, software like Browser, cm transfer end a lot of process that i want to stop.
Why don't you use xiaomi.eu roms if you want root?

Wysłano z MI Note

is this the corect way to root the phone?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why is everybody here so confused for Redmi 2 rooting process? The process to install root on this phone is so easy and pretty straightaway.

Once you already have ur TWRP or CWM recovery installed you can just flash the SuperSU zip (https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU) and your phone will be rooted after that. That's all.

The possibility to brick the phone... makes you scared.

The video? It is correct? I can follow it to do a proper root?

Use dev roms xiaomi.eu.
Using stable versions and then rooting makes your doing without sense.

Wysłano z MI Note

Why? You want root just to remove 2 apps? Great...

Wysłano z MI Note