Xiaomi Redmi 4x - Best (stable) Rom Advice Needed

teamg

Members
Sep 30, 2017
Hey guys

I am new to thhe Xiaomi EU scene. I have a global version of the Redmi 4X and looking to update to the EU rom from Xiaomi.

Does anyone have any advice on which version is the prefered one? Looking for a version that has the DUTCH translation - this is important as it is the main reason I'm upgrading.

Battery life and camera are rated highly, and ofcourse everything should work as expected. I was thinking of getting a stable one to avoid having to download after every patch.

Which stable version has been rated best?

Thanks in advance.

Unless you have specific reasons to do otherwise, you should install the latest build, that includes the most recent Google patches and the latest fixes.

Currently for Redmi 4x the latest is 8.5.3.0, but in a couple of days we should have the new 8.5.4.0 (it's already out on miui.com, so the xiaomi.eu mod should arrive soon).

mmm did buy a redmi 4X to..

What is the base of the 4x rom, i see so many roms...

I do not understand which one i need to look at...

Thanks already

Redmi 4x is not different from all others Xiaomi models: official ROMs from Xiaomi are called MIUI, you can choose to use the stable or the beta version (with the latter updated earlier and more frequently, but more subject to bugs), and for both of them there is a Chinese version and an International/Global version with the Google apps (forbidden in China) and multilanguage support.
Then there are unofficial custom ROMS, such as the ones built from xiaomi.eu or ********.com; custom ROMs can either be MIUI-based or completely unrelated, such as Lineage OS or Resurrection Remix .

Short answer, if you don't like to mingle with your phone and you live outside China, just go with the official global stable.