Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Possibility Of Global Rom Release

Should Xiaomi release RN4 internationally?

• Yes

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

mygad

Members
Aug 12, 2016
As far as I undertand, for now the Redmi Note 4 is targeted only at Chinese market. From our previous experience, if a devices is targeted only for the CN market, it will never get a Global ROM available for download. Is this the case? Does anyone here know something more about the situation?

Thanks for your reply

Not necessarily make a repartition?

For Redmi NoteW installation, follow this guide for repartition your internal storage
otherwise you will get bootloop and cry to your pillow

No, you don't have to expand the system partition, but remember to format data before wiping

Hi. Do I loosing something unlocking bootloader.
I would like to put multilang rom on redmi note4.
Can someone give me instructions please.

Nope.. All functions will be still available after unlocking BL..
Go to en.miui.com/unlock

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hi i alredy open thread for problem i have. But still to ask here. Does for you guys work theme on dev multilang rom. For me after applying after some time go back to default.

As far as I understand, for now the Redmi Note 4 is targeted only at Chinese market. From our previous experience, if a devices is targeted only for the CN market, it will never get a Global ROM available for download. Is this the case? Does anyone here know something more about the situation?

Redmi NOTE 4 will never be released internationally. The reason is that there is a court case on going that effects Xiaomi's ability to market MediaTek processor devices outside China, this is effecting the Indian market in particular. As a result all Xiaomi International market phones have Snapdragon processors. No doubt there will be Snapdragon based version of the Note 4 some time in the near future. Those of us that prefer to support the MTK processor can unlock the bootloader and install the EU Multi language rom from this forum. The rom here is based on the latest China Developer rom and as such is actually more advanced than the official Global rom anyway.

my note 4 returns this message in Australia when I try to use any location required apps "Geolocation service failed" and
the apps won't load. Also I have entered your numbers which return QC test.
Starts with 1. Software version, ends with 27. Battery capacity but GPS option is missing.
Might be the problem?
Will your EU ROM fix this ? Or do any of you clever people out there have any suggestions. I have not yet had a response back from china support

my note 4 returns this message in Australia when I try to use any location required apps "Geolocation service failed" and
the apps won't load. Also I have entered your numbers which return QC test.
Starts with 1. Software version, ends with 27. Battery capacity but GPS option is missing.
Might be the problem?
Will your EU ROM fix this ? Or do any of you clever people out there have any suggestions. I have not yet had a response back from china support

Try this:

Those who using MIUI 8 China/Global ROM which facing issue GPS not working,found when user are using below apps:
1) Google Maps not receive GPS signal
2) Pokemo Go show no GPS signal

Step to solve:
1) Go to "Setting"
2) Installed apps (chose downloaded tab)
3) Select "Google Play Service"
4) Permission Manager
5) Enable/accept "get location info"
6) Done!

If this does not work then you may have a hardware fault...

If this does work then the Xiaomi.eu Multi Language rom will fix the problem for you. As an Australian I can tell you it is a much more functional rom for use in Australia than either the stock China rom or an Official Global rom (which does not exist for your device)

Last edited: