Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x In-depth Rom Install Guide Help

carloboji

Members
Jul 15, 2016
Can someone help me with the installation of Xiaomi.eu roms? What programs to use, what drivers to install, and possibly download links? I have already received the permission to unlock my bootloader.

Have you unlocked bootloader?If not download mi unlock and from en,miui,com/unlock/ .(I am using [,] cause i cant post link due to 5 post limit, just del , and use . )

-Download adb minimal (search on google, download it from xda)
-Extract adb minimal to your desktop ( or install it you c:\ .Doesnt matter.Its the same.
-Open adb folder, hold shilft then right click inside folder. 'Open a terminal here'
-boot your phone on fastboot mode. (Turn off your device.Wait 30sec.Hold power button + vol down button)

now choose "ROM DOWNLOADS" Tab (from the forum, i cant post link :p )
-Download TWRP. (RedMi note 4x = Board Name: santoni Rom Name: HM4X so download twrp_santoni)
-Extract the twrp zip of the folder with the adb minimal.
-Now go into your terminal we opened before and type

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

if all go well your phone will boot on recovery mode.

Last edited:
Thanks! Downloading the files now. Do i need lazyflasher? I read in some thread that it was also needed in tandem with twrp. To confirm, is it for santoni or for mido? I thought mido was for for redmi note 4x? And also, why is there more than 1 device named for mido? I