Xiaomi SIM Activation SOLVED

International SMS service is a different service than roaming. As far as I know, the phone send a SMS to a number in China. (Wait for someone to confirm that)
Another approach is to sign out from Mi Account, restart your phone and let the phone without having signed in back for couples of days, maybe for one week.
In this time check on https://i.mi.com/ that your phone doesn't appear in the phone list also.

Reactions: pazdir
have the same issue, will log out and wait 2-3 days
Hi, the above mentioned methods might not work anymore. You can use the following method on this link (auto translate on browser will help you with this article):

I used recently this method and it worked for me. Be careful with the very last step: "sync the messages and it will be activated." This means, you must go to your messages app, and swipe down to sync. After this, the magic should happen :)

Hi, the above mentioned methods might not work anymore. You can use the following method on this link (auto translate on browser will help you with this article):

I used recently this method and it worked for me. Be careful with the very last step: "sync the messages and it will be activated." This means, you must go to your messages app, and swipe down to sync. After this, the magic should happen :)
i tried this , but not worked for me :(,
its written in my language , i will try a factory reset and then this again

Unfortunately is not working in my case the SMS neither of them: "SMS position" and "Sync messages".
But I guess in my case is something the issue is caused by my mobile carrier (DigiMobil - Romania), if I try with another mobile carrier, the both are working properly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-07-04-20-33-251_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-07-04-20-33-251_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 344
  • Screenshot_2022-10-07-04-18-22-128_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-07-04-18-22-128_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 342
Thank you @axst68 for your steps.
Unfortunately in my case this is still not working. As I mentioned above, I guess is related in my case with a restriction from my mobile carrier.

Thank you @axst68 for your steps.
Unfortunately in my case this is still not working. As I mentioned above, I guess is related in my case with a restriction from my mobile carrier.
maybe that can help

Hi all, just found a new activation method (Source: MIUI Bulgaria Telegram group).
It is very simple: just change the language of the device to a totally new one, which you have never used previously and go straight to the Sync messages and call history in the Xiaomi Cloud menu, trying to activate these.
Of course, be careful with the new language - you must remember very well the menus, in order to revert back to your original language later on.

Found a solution, works for me in 14.0.2 global rom:
1. Settings-apps-manage apps. Type sim, tap sim activation service
2. Enable all permissions.
3. In "restrict data usage", untick all options.
4. Uninstall all updates and enjoy

Hi!
Found solution for my case.

I use 2 sim cards:
1 - Operator lifecell (this SIM card is in roaming Orange network),
2 - Operator Orange, home network(not roaming)

I get notification that SIM cannot be activated. After changing my language to English and restart phone. My second SIM card activated sucessfully, but first start sending notification REACH_DOWNLINK_SMS_LIMITATION
I tried contact lifecell to check if I have some limitation to send SMS in roaming. There wasnt such limitation.
I also tried to set Settings >> SIM cards & mobile networks >> Data roaming and set Overseas data roaming to "Always" with no luck

than I used adb to check logs whats going on "under hood"
Code:
adb logcat *:V

Turned off my first SIM, turned it back on. Under Notification panel received REACH_DOWNLINK_SMS_LIMITATION messege, tap on it. And tried activate again
In logs I found
Code:
03-12 01:15:18.033 22171 22414 I UpLinkActivateTask: user Confirmed SmsSending
03-12 01:15:18.035 22171 22414 E UpLinkActivateTask: subId 1 isNetworkRoaming, quit.
03-12 01:15:18.163 22171 25712 W ActivateService: SIM_UNACTIVATED com.xiaomi.activate.exception.ActivateException
Please note the Overseas data roaming was setted to "Always" but seems my current version of application has different algorithm and skip this check

I realised that in my case I have to change somthing that indicates my SIM1 in roaming
I found that it can be stored in this property gsm.operator.isroaming true
You can check this with the commands:
Code:
adb shell
getprop gsm.operator.isroaming
If it indicates true than its posiible your also your case :)
You can change this value with:
Code:
setprop gsm.operator.isroaming false
This property will be set to falso only before next sync with your operator.

As workaround:
Turn off your unactivated SIM card. Log into adb shell and execute continuously the command, to have it false during activation process
Code:
setprop gsm.operator.isroaming false
Turn on your SIM card and it will activate your SIM

I deactivate(turn off) only 1 sim(that wasnt activated )
From phone settings --> SIM cards --> select needed SIM
Thanks for the super detailed explanation however still not solving it for me ;-(
But it was nice to find a way to read logs and try understand what's failing on the background however in this crazy big log from just 10 sec from pressing Activate for the sms I couldnt find anything visible or probably just missing it..

Maybe that's telling something?
155902 03-13 10:56:47.547 1942 2294 W BroadcastQueue: Permission Denial: receiving Intent { act=com.xiaomi.action.ACTIVATE_STATUS_CHANGED flg=0x10 (has extras) } to ProcessRecord{86ac0 16698:com.android.mms/u0a107} (pid=16698, uid=10107) requires com.xiaomi.simactivate.service.ACTIVATE_SIM due to sender com.xiaomi.simactivate.service (uid 10143)

The only thing I could think that looks not ok.. ;/

My cell phone is false and however it does not activate the simView attachment 46742
That's solution he gave is more for situation where sms cant get out as the roaming setting is confused, not something that can help our situation ;-(
This problem is so insane that I can see plenty of users reporting it and each one giving so many different solutions that claims that work for them this is so weird, or other half that just giving up as it's just activation that provides the "Mi message" feature and message sync, I want it so badly only for the sync of messages/call logs that I do have since 2014 in their cloud but need this activation to work for it..

just to jump on this wagon!

I can't get my calls and messages cloud sync to work on my xiaomi 13. Phone is global, bought within eu, unlocked bootloader officialy, flashed newest stable xiaomi eu 14.0.29.0
Gallery, contacts, notes..... sync from xiaomi cloud works for everything, find my phone works without any problems. But call history and SMS sync can't be activated.
and to spice it up a bit, everything works on my old mi8. I called my service provider, and there is no restrictions from their side, as they said I can receive SMS even from Mars if I have someone to send it to me. I was bit rude to them, so I had that comming I guess
I tried changing language, region, wifi, data, everything I could find, but still no call and SMS sync from cloud.
And when my sim is in old phone, call and sms history can be shown on i.mi.com, but if i put sim in new phone, I cant see call and sms even on i.mi.com

And the last part of this problem, my sms and call history were there when I used global ROM but with google sms and phone app.

I've been using xiaomi.eu for years, since my mi3, and I always choose it over stock global or any other ROM, but this makes me go mad, since there are at least 5 years of sms and call history (that long i'm using my mi8).

Sorry for bitching, but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want global ROM on my phone

I recommend you to use another application to sync/save your messages locally or on a cloud service from what device you have using before and then using same application restore them on your new phone.
Because for me trying to "fix Xiaomi SIM Activation" is a "lost battle", I'm using the application: SMS Backup & Restore to backup and restore to/from my Google Drive cloud storage SMS messages and Call history.

Reactions: k0sta and Misko6000
just to jump on this wagon!

I can't get my calls and messages cloud sync to work on my xiaomi 13. Phone is global, bought within eu, unlocked bootloader officialy, flashed newest stable xiaomi eu 14.0.29.0
Gallery, contacts, notes..... sync from xiaomi cloud works for everything, find my phone works without any problems. But call history and SMS sync can't be activated.
and to spice it up a bit, everything works on my old mi8. I called my service provider, and there is no restrictions from their side, as they said I can receive SMS even from Mars if I have someone to send it to me. I was bit rude to them, so I had that comming I guess
I tried changing language, region, wifi, data, everything I could find, but still no call and SMS sync from cloud.
And when my sim is in old phone, call and sms history can be shown on i.mi.com, but if i put sim in new phone, I cant see call and sms even on i.mi.com

And the last part of this problem, my sms and call history were there when I used global ROM but with google sms and phone app.

I've been using xiaomi.eu for years, since my mi3, and I always choose it over stock global or any other ROM, but this makes me go mad, since there are at least 5 years of sms and call history (that long i'm using my mi8).

Sorry for bitching, but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want global ROM on my phone
It's funny I'm totally like you, since MI3 and have data since that MI3, To MI5 to MI8 to MI10 Ultra to MI11 Ultra, MI10 Ultra was the last one I was able to activate sim and get the backup for call log/recordings/sms, since the move to MI11 Ultra just unable to do no matter what workaround or solution suggested, this is so stupid thing xiaomi doing this "verify" thing, when they could just opt to the usual verify solutions but seems nobody really cares ;/

Sim successfully activated yet issue still remain when trying to unlock my Mi 11, I did one last month with no issues so something had defo changed