Xiaomi SIM Activation SOLVED

That's the least of my problems, sometimes there's just no service. Always at random of course. And it's not operator issues because my SIM works fine in any other phone
I have your exact same issue with my Mi 10. My service comes and goes. Not an operator problem. I can only get the phone to work normally flashing the latest global rom.

For anyone that is having trouble unlocking bootloader due to SIM activation not working i finally found a solution after 5 days of scouring the internet. Use the python script below! I don't think this will bypass any wait times on its own, but it did bypass the "phone not activated" error that the official unlock tool was giving me

Reactions: gbx79
It's not working for me, on POCO X3 Pro (vayu), MIUI Global 13.0.3.0(SJUMIXM).
I tried both the second phone and the laptop.

Attachments

• 2024-04-03_16-37.png
    2024-04-03_16-37.png
    19 KB · Views: 211
I have the same problem with Mi10 UMI and last HyperOS.
Can't activate SIM.

None of the tips from those listed above have helped :(
Did anyone have any success ?

For anyone that is having trouble unlocking bootloader due to SIM activation not working i finally found a solution after 5 days of scouring the internet. Use the python script below! I don't think this will bypass any wait times on its own, but it did bypass the "phone not activated" error that the official unlock tool was giving me

hows this possible? any tut so far?

Reactions: zmylna

This tool doesn't bypass anything. Also, there's pretty much the same tool existing on several other Github accounts. No idea who wrote it first. Well, The reason why it worked for you is sitting on Xiaomi's servers. I've researched into the topic and figured out, that Xiaomi definitely makes it more difficult now to unlock the bootloader with full intent - not only for HyperOS, but also for MIUI. Basically for all devices. There are many "suggestions" on the internet, saying to rebind your account, change location, create a new account, login via QR-Code instead of manual login credentials typing, and even to use old versions of unlock tool. This is all nonsense. Whenever you now attempt to apply to unlock your bootloader, it's not only a requirement for having an account, that exists for at least 30 days, and having to use the device for at least 7 days (168 hours). Now after you've patiently waited for these time periods, there's another sort of waiting period, that applies kinda on top of it. It depends on several factors, like server load, appliance quota, and it depends on their local time (in China). This new waiting period can range from a day to several days, or even weeks. I'm still not sure what factors exactly are being checked on aside the 20 days for the account and 168 hours of usage. But most likely you will have to wait like for one or two more days after applying for unlock for the first time.
You can get a glimpse on server side status by checking the bootloader unlock menu inside the Xiaomi Community App (yes, even for MIUI users, because it gives you a little insight on the server status). When you push that button "apply for unlock", it tells you to "try again after 2 more days" or similar.
So your best bet is to keep on trying after you've completed all the "known" waiting periods. Also attempt to unlock shortly after the Chinese clock hits 00:00 in the night, because that's when their servers reset, and you will have less of a chance to hit the quota exceeded limit. As long as all other requirements are met (Xiaomi Cloud logged in on the device, SIM activated, etc.), you really don't have to change your account and stuff like that. Because all of this doesn't help you to succeed. In the worst case, you only apply for another waiting period of 30 days and/or 168 hours. Just keep on trying to unlock day by day and it work eventually.

So, they don't tell us what exactly they're up to, except, that they have announced a few months back, that the unlocking process will become more complicated and difficult. I can only think of the main reason for that being that they don't want us to get rid of their spyware bloat stuff by using custom roms, etc. and not being able to properly block unwanted behaviour (Coincidence now in times of an upcoming possible global conflict? Think of the possibilities that arise for you as a big, powerful global player, when so many people have your tech in their pockets... just saying.)

Reactions: spirosmeg