New .xml SMS restore problem

Evripidis

Members
Dec 6, 2013
Hi,

I have taken a backup of my SMS from my old xperia mini pro via Super Backup which resulted in an .xml file. I downloaded the same app to my Xiaomi Mi2s and I tried to restore my SMS. The problem is that now I have two different conversations from the same contacts. More specifically, I have one conversation which includes received messages from this contact and another conversation which includes sent messages to this contact. This happens for all my contacts. I looked into the .xml file and here's a sample of a single message:

<sms address="+3069xxxxxxxx" time="Feb 7, 2011 3:21:55 PM" date="1297084915821" type="2" body="test msg" read="1" service_center="" name=" " />

type="2" means that I sent this message. type="1" means that this message is received. I don't understand why they end up in seperate conversations.

I have downloaded Hancent SMS to check if the problem occurs there as well, and it does. I also used another app to restore my SMS (SMS backup) but the problem still exists. I can't figure out who's problem is this. Is it MIUI problem? Android? Restore app? SMS managing app? I am out of ideas on how to narrow it down!