Your Thoughts Of Redmi 4 (pro)

meav33

Members
Nov 23, 2016
I currently have a redmi 3s prime with eu rom and wanted to switch to rdmi 4 pro.
Im wondering what are your thoughtsof the device:
Is the performance or the camera better ?
In this review it says redmi 4 pro eould lag in ui and games.
youtube. com/ watch?v=OOftP5TC6qU
Is this true,
because i never experienced this kind of lag on my redmi 3s prime?
Or is the lag only a problem of the chineese rom?

I didn't have the redmi 3s, but I am a very happy redmi 4 pro buyer.

Consider that the CPU are different genre.... SD 430 vs SD 625, a entry level CPU vs a mi-range CPU
With the EU Rom an Antutu Benchmark on redmi 4 pro gave me a over 60 thousands points result!

The camera is quite good for social network photos, in good light conditions it takes very good photos, with low-light it's worse..
Also, SD625 is low consumption cpu and it never gave me hot temperature

But consider that the roms get better with time

Received it yesterday. I am a light user, no gaming, 3G only. To be honest I did not notice much difference compared with my RM3 pro. I do not really care about the 1080p screen and it is slightly less bright than my RM3 , the RM4 does not feel significantly faster either, and storage is still slow, camera is most likely the same, having AC wifi is nice when downloading, Gps/compass is as perfectas the RM3, FP is faster than RM3 (I think the 3S was also faster). I am mainly hoping for even better battery life due to the new 14nm 625 CPU! Unfortunately there is no CM13 yet for the 4.

In short: I think I would not upgrade an RM3(S) for the RM4!

Last edited:
The first real review I found on YT for the redmi 4 prime mentioned that performance was not so great at all. Many stutters in the UI and not very good performance in applications such as games. Also reviewer was not very enthusiastic about headphone sound and call quality.
I am planning to buy this phone rather than the redmi 3s but I wonder now if it performs well. Can the people who already have it comment on the issues described above please, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I saw same review, and the reviewer seems legit.
This is clearly due to software optimisation - many other 625 phones get great reviews and good Antutu scores. In theory this phone should be a solid mid-range phone, at budget price.
I have already ordered the phone, so there is no going back.
It all depends on how the phone is supported for ROMs. If Xiaomi release global and it gets popular, then decent ROM support will follow.
However, if Xiaomi don't release global and they don't fix any issues via future ROMs (is it possible or likely to get 7.0?) then this phone could be a bit of a donkey.
Anyways, I'll drop my thoughts when it arrives, hopefully soon.

The first real review I found on YT for the redmi 4 prime mentioned that performance was not so great at all. Many stutters in the UI and not very good performance in applications such as games. Also reviewer was not very enthusiastic about headphone sound and call quality.
I am planning to buy this phone rather than the redmi 3s but I wonder now if it performs well. Can the people who already have it comment on the issues described above please, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I have the phone, and it made over 60000 on Antutu Benchmark (if you want a number), the same as the other phones which have the same SD 625.
The sound quality in headphone speaker is pretty good, non the top for me it's very clear and powerful, also the live external speaker is loud and clear.
I have the xiaomi EU installed, and it reflected the china dev so we don't need the global anymore

Android 7? mmmm, also if hope it will happening, I don't believe to it at 100%....Xiaomi usually moves only its top from an Android release to another, the MI series

Reactions: PatvdH and _pete_
Found one more review. Not allowedto paste the link, it is from Smartphone wars.
This is a very enthusiastic review, not sure it is completely objective given also the link to the seller of the phone.
Anyway, I have ordered the phone so let's see.

One other question, there is not much available yet in terms of covers etc. What do you all use for redmi 4 cover?

Can anyone tell me where to find or how to use the slow motion feature? If there is the feature, obviously...
In the MIUI camera APP of Miui.eu isn't available

On reviews I have seen they have shown that the only option is time-lapse. Therefore no slo-mo is available current rom / camera app.
I do not know if the hardware is capable although I would certainly hope so.
There are camera apps on the playstore that have slo-mo function...maybe they work?

Reactions: Manoj.Rollo
Does redmi 4 prime have double tap to wake feature, coz somebody said it does?.....

I confirm that redmi4 prima has this feature ONLY to wake, not to screen-off

QUESTION: I noticed that the camera does blurred photos at the maximum of zoom, anyone else experienced that? Maybe a SW problem that will be fixed with next updates release?

How is it possible??

Such feature should be mentionned on phone details, but it's not.
Not even on chinese mi.com website.

I am waiting for mine from Gearbest, I hope this is true!
5Ghz is something I was hoping but never thought it would end up in Redmi series...

No it doesnt have AC wifi, what it does have is the 5GHz band. BTW, just got mine from gearbest too, they installed a ****** shop rom, youll have to update to chineses developer rom using EDL.

An explanation
The Wifi antenna of redmi 4 and redmi 4 pro/prime has dual band feature: 802.11 A / B / G / N dual-band WiFi access
WiFi Direct
So not the type AC, more recent and that it is not the only one type which use 5GHz band!!

Type A and N are dual band (2.4GHz - 5 GHz) as AC but with a slow speed

802.11a 5 GHz band - max 54 Mbit/s
802.11b 2.4 GHz band - max 11 Mbit/s
802.11g 2.4 GHz band - max 54 Mbit/s
802.11n both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands, multiple I/O antennas - max 54-600 Mbit/s

-----------

802.11ac (not included in redmi 4 and redmi 4 pro/prime Wifi antenna) 5Ghz - max 433-1300 Mbit/s

No it doesnt have AC wifi, what it does have is the 5GHz band. BTW, just got mine from gearbest too, they installed a ****** shop rom, youll have to update to chineses developer rom using EDL.
Did you already flash the dev rom via EDL mode?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I from honorbuy got also with their custom multilang rom. I tri with edl and brick phone. So couldn't boot again in edl. Then i used Chinese version of miui pc suite to switch to Chinese developer and worked. And i repeat that proces on 4 more redmi 4 pro devices. So i guess is more simple and safe to use Chinese version of miui pc suite ;)