Your Thoughts Of Redmi 4 (pro)

cffbd58d991c85aa2546d834af5c2dc6.jpg

I let the photo speaking by itself

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: ivan.martinko
cffbd58d991c85aa2546d834af5c2dc6.jpg

I let the photo speaking by itself

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Battery stats of this phone are amazing, my phone with best battery life yet and I dont think I will have anotherone like this in I while. I just hope Xiaomi lets me unlock my bootloader soon so I can flash Xiaomi.eu ROMS, instead of the chinese dev versions full of crap apps

Battery stats of this phone are amazing, my phone with best battery life yet and I dont think I will have anotherone like this in I while. I just hope Xiaomi lets me unlock my bootloader soon so I can flash Xiaomi.eu ROMS, instead of the chinese dev versions full of crap apps

I received the unlock allowance in like five minutes

I am really surprised by both the RedMi 4 and 4A. Both have an amazing battery life! I made a review about it, but I cannot post it yet.

True 10/10. Phone is incredible in all aspects, except sound recording quality, which is INCREDIBLY terrible.

Sound quality (when recording sound and videos) is an issue on many Xiaomi's devices. it's due to the noise cancelling. It's more a software issue than a hardware issue so it may be fix later

Yeah im sure its a software issue, but its an easy to fix software issue that they are overlooking because most people overlook it too.

Battery life indeed impressive. Used the phone first time for 4 days. See the attached screenshot for onscreen time. More than 11 hours...

BTW- can no longer access theme site. Anyone else with the same problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-08-21-44-41-237_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-08-21-44-41-237_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 227
I didn't have the redmi 3s, but I am a very happy redmi 4 pro buyer.

Consider that the CPU are different genre.... SD 430 vs SD 625, a entry level CPU vs a mi-range CPU
With the EU Rom an Antutu Benchmark on redmi 4 pro gave me a over 60 thousands points result!

The camera is quite good for social network photos, in good light conditions it takes very good photos, with low-light it's worse..
Also, SD625 is low consumption cpu and it never gave me hot temperature

But consider that the roms get better with time

I'm thinking of getting the redmi 4 pro but it doesn't say whether it works with 4G. If I go to the network checker, it says it may work with 4G. Does yours work on 4G? Thanks.
ps I'm in the UK

I'm thinking of getting the redmi 4 pro but it doesn't say whether it works with 4G. If I go to the network checker, it says it may work with 4G. Does yours work on 4G? Thanks.
ps I'm in the UK
All depends on your network provider and band.
Generally speaking in Europe there is slow but high coverage 4G (800mhz) and faster small coverage 4G (2600).
Check which ones your provider uses and which antennas you have in your home/work areas.

The Redmi 4 Pro does not support 800Mhz (most chinese phones don't) because they have less of these antennas in their country. Redmi 4 Pro supports: 4G band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).

Even if your network provider most does 4G at 800mhz, you will not be losing out on much. 800Mhz is only a bit faster than 3G (HSDPA), its only with the higher Mhz bands that you see the really blistering speeds..

All depends on your network provider and band.
Generally speaking in Europe there is slow but high coverage 4G (800mhz) and faster small coverage 4G (2600).
Check which ones your provider uses and which antennas you have in your home/work areas.

The Redmi 4 Pro does not support 800Mhz (most chinese phones don't) because they have less of these antennas in their country. Redmi 4 Pro supports: 4G band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).

Even if your network provider most does 4G at 800mhz, you will not be losing out on much. 800Mhz is only a bit faster than 3G (HSDPA), its only with the higher Mhz bands that you see the really blistering speeds..

This is the only reason I can't order this phone now. Speed could be slower okay but what if 800 band covers many places where there is no 3g antennas? Then there will be no Internet at all right?

Why did redmi 4 pro not think of international market and add 800 antenna? Are they crazy?

Also I purchased Lenovo p2 but don't like home buttons much and on screen buttons. Redmi doesn't have on screen navigation nor physical button right? Can someone confirm? Also could you tell me why you don't buy Lenovo p2 instead of redmi pro 4?

Thank you

This is the only reason I can't order this phone now. Speed could be slower okay but what if 800 band covers many places where there is no 3g antennas? Then there will be no Internet at all right?

Why did redmi 4 pro not think of international market and add 800 antenna? Are they crazy?

Also I purchased Lenovo p2 but don't like home buttons much and on screen buttons. Redmi doesn't have on screen navigation nor physical button right? Can someone confirm? Also could you tell me why you don't buy Lenovo p2 instead of redmi pro 4?

Thank you
Of course if they install 800mhz to cover 3G blackspots then you'll need 800mhz to get any connection.
800Mhz is not the best technology for 4G. It does not give high speed.

So a country like China will install the latest technology because they are making large investments, compared with the West which has a tiny amount of the investment of other areas, and has older infrastructure.
They have little interest in installing 800Mhz, if coverage is required then 3G is cheaper and easier.
As for the West as a market...it represents such a small percent of the global phone consumers, it is irrelevant. Also consumers in the West has low buying power and favour overpriced brands.

Redmi 4 series has capacitive buttons below the screen. There is the option of using screen buttons if required.

The main reason for buying the Redmi 4 over other models for me was the 5" size. It has to fit in my lady's bag :)

So far I think the phone is great apart from the screen is curved so not good for tempered glass. Sadly my lady does not understand or use it to its full potential (apart from the battery).

Of course if they install 800mhz to cover 3G blackspots then you'll need 800mhz to get any connection.
800Mhz is not the best technology for 4G. It does not give high speed.

So a country like China will install the latest technology because they are making large investments, compared with the West which has a tiny amount of the investment of other areas, and has older infrastructure.
They have little interest in installing 800Mhz, if coverage is required then 3G is cheaper and easier.
As for the West as a market...it represents such a small percent of the global phone consumers, it is irrelevant. Also consumers in the West has low buying power and favour overpriced brands.

Redmi 4 series has capacitive buttons below the screen. There is the option of using screen buttons if required.

The main reason for buying the Redmi 4 over other models for me was the 5" size. It has to fit in my lady's bag :)

So far I think the phone is great apart from the screen is curved so not good for tempered glass. Sadly my lady does not understand or use it to its full potential (apart from the battery).

did you understand my question? I m saying that I dont know if 800 band is used to cover 3g overall in world. do you know that? if 3g is covered at least it may not be a problem, but if neither 4g nor 3g is covered in some countries because of 800 band missing, that I think this is unaccaptable for a phone if it wants to be on international market..

can we disable onscreen capacitive buttons completely so that even if we swipe from capacitive buttons to screen it doesnt show up?

I also like 5" screen size. curved glass you mean 2.5d? I think you can still apply flat tapered glass on it. samsung a models all have curved screen as well as lenovo p2 and you can apply flat tampered glass.

I tried all p2, a3 and a5 2017 models. I still need 5" and capacitive buttons and big battery. I couldnt buy redmi pro 4 because of its band missing. what should I do, please help. I may move to other countries every 2 years or travel frequently within country. I always want to have 3g at least with 20 mbit minimum. better if always I can have 4g everywhere I go. Is this possible with redmi pro 4?

also How can I order this phone to finland helsinki without custom, tax and in fastest way?

thanks

Well, if you are travelling internationally your phone will connect to the strongest signal regardless of operator, unless your operator has a special relationship with one operator and only uses that one in the country you are visiting.
Also unless you pay a fortune or have some amazing contract, high speed international data with very cost prohibitive.

So what you are speaking about is quite a rare situation:
You visit a country where your operator only allows you access to a certain operator, and that operator uses 800Mhz to cover 3G blackspots.

Generally speaking, if you are having poor reception internationally then it is probably because the network is generally poor, rather than because they are using a certain band to cover blackspots. In that case you would use wifi to get data. 20mbit minimum seems quite high, most people don't even get that via their home connection, depending on country, so is unrealistic and unnecessary.

The capacitive buttons work like you want them to work. There is no problem here.

The 2.5D glass is annoying. You can still stick on tempered glass, it will just not stick on the curved edges, leaving a lip. Unless the tempered glass is curved. I have seen this sold for popular brands like Samsung, but not for the Redmi4 yet. I have ordered some film protection, I hope it works better than glass.

I ordered my phone from a reseller and they had an option for postage "express, with no import tax" for 17EUR. I had no issues receiving the phone quickly from Chna (<15 days).
There is no 100% assured way to avoid taxes and I can not guarantee your shipping time. But generally speaking you should be OK (Although I know nothing about Finland)

Well, if you are travelling internationally your phone will connect to the strongest signal regardless of operator, unless your operator has a special relationship with one operator and only uses that one in the country you are visiting.
Also unless you pay a fortune or have some amazing contract, high speed international data with very cost prohibitive.

So what you are speaking about is quite a rare situation:
You visit a country where your operator only allows you access to a certain operator, and that operator uses 800Mhz to cover 3G blackspots.

Generally speaking, if you are having poor reception internationally then it is probably because the network is generally poor, rather than because they are using a certain band to cover blackspots. In that case you would use wifi to get data. 20mbit minimum seems quite high, most people don't even get that via their home connection, depending on country, so is unrealistic and unnecessary.

The capacitive buttons work like you want them to work. There is no problem here.

The 2.5D glass is annoying. You can still stick on tempered glass, it will just not stick on the curved edges, leaving a lip. Unless the tempered glass is curved. I have seen this sold for popular brands like Samsung, but not for the Redmi4 yet. I have ordered some film protection, I hope it works better than glass.

I ordered my phone from a reseller and they had an option for postage "express, with no import tax" for 17EUR. I had no issues receiving the phone quickly from Chna (<15 days).
There is no 100% assured way to avoid taxes and I can not guarantee your shipping time. But generally speaking you should be OK (Although I know nothing about Finland)

Sir you're still not answering my question. Will there be black spots with Internet coverage with this phone? 20 mbit is 3g Internet and you say it may not have that much speed, so you mean this phone could even not cover 3g? Is there a phone on market with capacitive buttons, 5 inch screen and good battery like this which has all the bands for fast speed Internet?

Thank you

sir its not about trust, could you let me understand how it works more technically? Im asking how frequent there could be operators offer fast 3g and 4g but always on 800 band? is 800 band always 4g or also working for 3g ? Id like to make sure prime 4 pro will always have 3g coverage at least and that means 20 mb internet... right? please if youd like to confuse me more with suggestion of buying 3s international, include also reasoning and what you mean. I cant know what you already know. I m here to learn what I dont know so please be more patient and helpful with sharing details you know which I appreciate.

sir its not about trust, could you let me understand how it works more technically? Im asking how frequent there could be operators offer fast 3g and 4g but always on 800 band? is 800 band always 4g or also working for 3g ? Id like to make sure prime 4 pro will always have 3g coverage at least and that means 20 mb internet... right? please if youd like to confuse me more with suggestion of buying 3s international, include also reasoning and what you mean. I cant know what you already know. I m here to learn what I dont know so please be more patient and helpful with sharing details you know which I appreciate.
800Mhz is for 4G LTE.

If you are asking if you will get blackspots....
Then we need to do a research project on where you will be at which time and using which operator.
I can happily start it for you!
I will need to fiind the correct academic and professional people to make up the team, plus some researchers on the ground to back it up with real-life evidence.
Shall we get started next Monday?
We'll be round you place about 3pm. Remember to prepare sandwiches, my team gets hungry. :p

But seriously...
there is no way of answering what you want to know. At least without loads of data about you and where you are going.
You could do some basic research yourself, Check the network coverage in your area and where you are going and the operators that use the frequencies you need.

The short answer is: "You'll probably be fine."
You don't need blistering speed all of the time on a phone. 800Mhz is only a little faster than HSDPA 3G. And 3G is pretty much everywhere you can get a phone signal. So you have little to lose unless your carrier only does 800Mhz and you are running a server via your phone connection.

My own experience is based on the fact that my carrier doesn't use 800Mhz, and 2600Mhz is being installed quite quickly, so I often find I am on 4G. But it is not a dealbreaker, a strong enough 3G signal generally works fine for me, for phone stuff.

800Mhz is for 4G LTE.

If you are asking if you will get blackspots....
Then we need to do a research project on where you will be at which time and using which operator.
I can happily start it for you!
I will need to fiind the correct academic and professional people to make up the team, plus some researchers on the ground to back it up with real-life evidence.
Shall we get started next Monday?
We'll be round you place about 3pm. Remember to prepare sandwiches, my team gets hungry. :p

But seriously...
there is no way of answering what you want to know. At least without loads of data about you and where you are going.
You could do some basic research yourself, Check the network coverage in your area and where you are going and the operators that use the frequencies you need.

The short answer is: "You'll probably be fine."
You don't need blistering speed all of the time on a phone. 800Mhz is only a little faster than HSDPA 3G. And 3G is pretty much everywhere you can get a phone signal. So you have little to lose unless your carrier only does 800Mhz and you are running a server via your phone connection.

My own experience is based on the fact that my carrier doesn't use 800Mhz, and 2600Mhz is being installed quite quickly, so I often find I am on 4G. But it is not a dealbreaker, a strong enough 3G signal generally works fine for me, for phone stuff.

I'm also okay with strong 3g, my concern is that will I have to check carrier s coverage and which band they use everywhere I travel? Can you assure me that I'll always have at least 3g? Which s fine. Is there a case a carrier uses 800 band in 2g 3gand 4g in some places so I'll have no Internet at all?

Secondly is 800 band also related to phone signal coverage? In other words, that the phone is missing 800band will cause phone to have less signal bars on phone signal coverage too?

In nutshell what is the most common practical disadvantage one can expect to face everyday and some days by not having 800 band?

Is Ips screen quality comparable to amoled screens? Is colors well saturated and phone is bright enough?

Thank you

I'll say for the third time "The 800Mhz band is for 4G". Not 1G, 2G, 3G or H+. It is sometimes used for analog television signals. You can not watch television on your phone. It is a phone. Not a television.

800Mhz is a band that has high coverage, that is to say when a antenna is installed it covers a large amount of square km and penetrates buildings well. But it is slow compared to other 4G bands and can not deal with lots of users connected as well as 2600Mhz.

Again:- Without knowledge of where you will be it is impossible for me to tell you how many bars you will have. However, I'll take a guess. You'll have 2 bars. I don't know where or when. I'm just 100% certain it will happen. Trust me.

In a nushell, it should not affect you very much at all. The situation where you are unhappy because there is no 4g or 3g connection will arrive 0.0007% of the time you are using your phone. I'm guessing again. But seriously, it does not affect me one bit and I have been using Chinese phones for a few years. YMMV.

The screen is an OK panel. A very good panel for the price. It is not an Quantum OLED super screen. You do not get these sort of displays on cheap phones. Is it good enough? It is good, sharp, colourful and clear.