Your Thoughts Of Redmi 4 (pro)

Thank you for your answer, why d you say 2 bars? That's my concern now, except Internet does 800 band have impact on phone coverage? That's more important than 3g I guess.

I ssay 2 bars because I am joking.
How can I know how many bars your phone will have?
Your question is impossible to answer.

My question is does 800 band have impact on phone signal coverage like it does on 4g?

So lack of 800 does effect phone connection signal and capability?

Only if you need to connect to 800Mhz 4G networks...
I don't.
I don't know about you.
So do you?
Or not?

I am repeating the same thing again and again.
on se käännösongelmaan? voisin kirjoittaa suomeksi

Puhutko Suomea? Oletko kotoisin suomesta?

So phone and Internet use the same signal tower and bands? If carrier relies on 800 for both 2g 3g 4g in some areas then that means there will be no phone signal either as there is no Internet?

Id like to buy this phone, should I? Which website I can order phone and protective case, screen protection? Does the phone pass through customs with no issue?

Try to figure out by yourself: wikipedia and how to become a responsible adult...

Otherwise

Buy an iphone and basta

I would ask you to wikipedia how to become responsible and not reply to a post where you dont write any relevant answer to a valid question. that I have concern about internet and phone connection for a phone brand I ve never heard is quite easy to understand. dont be so harsh on yourself and ask more questions, Ill do my best to help you out if I know the answer to that regardless of how easy or hard your question is. remember, questions are good and never stupid unless one put his own interpretation into it which is generally personal thing.

So phone and Internet use the same signal tower and bands?
The internet does not use bands. It is a global system of connected computers. If you are asking if the same bands are used for accessing the internet and making calls. Then the answer is yes.

If carrier relies on 800 for both 2g 3g 4g in some areas then that means there will be no phone signal either as there is no Internet?
800Mhz is 4G. Maybe someone has told you this before? If you are asking if some phone companies cover some territory with just 800Mhz 4G, then I would say it is very rare. But I do not know which carrier or area we are discussing here. I have not data, no information and I am forced to make sweeping statements and generalisations.

Id like to buy this phone, should I?
For the spec and size, it is the cheapest phone backed by a large enough brand.

Which website I can order phone and protective case, screen protection?
I do not know if this forum allows recommendations of reseller websites for obvious reasons. But you can buy it from loads of resller sites these days, and popular auction sites. Just search on the internet. Or this forum. I have probably detailed my buying experience back in December when I bought the phone.

Does the phone pass through customs with no issue?
I was worried. I had no problem. You will probably not have a problem. But again, you are forcing me to guess. I can not hold your hand through the buying process or follow your phone across the world. It is a small risk, but even buying a phone in a shop has an element of risk.

I wish you could be smarter than the question and understand it in any of those 10 times. (I reported you for your last 2 answers for personal insult, I hope you can remember the manners your parents should teach you rather than insult someone who you don't know)

I wish you could be smarter than the question and understand it in any of those 10 times. (I reported you for your last 2 answers for personal insult, I hope you can remember the manners your parents should teach you rather than insult someone who you don't know)
You already have your answer multiple times. 800 is 4g. So you cant connect to 800mhz 4g network. End of story. Zero effect to 3g or 2g or 5g

You already have your answer multiple times. 800 is 4g. So you cant connect to 800mhz 4g network. End of story. Zero effect to 3g or 2g or 5g

I understand it, what I still get answer to is how this may affect phone signal if it does compared to otherwise a phone with 4g 800 band.

I understand it, what I still get answer to is how this may affect phone signal if it does compared to otherwise a phone with 4g 800 band.
You have had your answer.
It will probably not affect you.
However, if you are still not happy we can work to resolve it.

Which carrier are on you on?
Which country/city do live in? (sorry for the personal question, but it is needed to check the coverage of 4G 800Mhz in your city)
Which countries are you planning visiting and using your phone in?

elisa in helsinki, I plan to go to usa and australia and actually Id like to be able to go anywhere else and wouldnt like to be under any negative influence of absence of 800 band interms of phone coverage and at least 3g internet..
thank you pete

800mhz has no impact on 3G internet coverage.
if you were going to the USA then you will be paying per Mb download.
If we take 0.50EUR per Mb as a baseline (could be more or less).
If you are getting 4g speeds (say an average of 15Mb/s) it would be costing you 450EUR per minute downloading.

So asking about 4G in different continents is still a costly and unrealistic situation.

Your carrier will probably only allow you access to 3G anyway when abroad.

As for Elisa in Helsinki....Well with the Finnish government pushing 4G coverage to 97% of Finland before 2019 it seems your carrier has opted for the cheap option to install 800Mhz 4G in most of Finland to cover the largest area. However they also use 1800mhz and 2600mhz - probably in cities.

If I were you I would investigate if Elisa give 2600Mhz in Helsinki (Sorry I do not understand any Finnish sites :().

As I mentioned earlier the difference beetween HSDPA and 800Mhz is not very much. So you would not be missing much if you found you could not access 4G everywhere. Plus your battery would last much much longer.

As for if the phone is a good buy for you, it would depend on your usage. If you use your phone to tether to your computer to download large files regularly, then maybe another phone would be good.

800mhz is 4g network. So it doesn't work. Cities in Finland have 1800Mhz 4g network so it works. There is no calls in 4g network in Finland (no VoLTE support) so it has zero effect for calls.

The lack of Band 20 - 800 MHz 4G support affects phone call quality as most networks in Europe use VoLTE (voice over LTE). Not to mention data connectivity which basically drops you down to HSPA+/HSPA in 99% of regions in Europe. Bad Xiaomi, very bad.

The lack of Band 20 - 800 MHz 4G support affects phone call quality as most networks in Europe use VoLTE (voice over LTE). Not to mention data connectivity which basically drops you down to HSPA+/HSPA in 99% of regions in Europe. Bad Xiaomi, very bad.
With HSPDA+ speed at 42Mbps and 800Mhz LTE speed at 50Mbps, band 20 is frankly not worth bothering with.
And coverage of HSPDA is better than LTE band 20 coverage in most countries.
Also a lot of operators don't even use band 20.

As for VOLTE, call quality is not really an issue with any GSM phone since the 80s. Also a lot of carriers in Europe don't bother with it, because it is less useful than investing in increased coverage of higher speed LTE.
Besides, calling over carriers is becoming less common, as applications for video and calls are more common.

So as for Xiaomi being bad, while it is good to have alll bands just in case, it is more the operators not installing decent LTE which is the problem.

With HSPDA+ speed at 42Mbps and 800Mhz LTE speed at 50Mbps, band 20 is frankly not worth bothering with.
And coverage of HSPDA is better than LTE band 20 coverage in most countries.
Also a lot of operators don't even use band 20.

As for VOLTE, call quality is not really an issue with any GSM phone since the 80s. Also a lot of carriers in Europe don't bother with it, because it is less useful than investing in increased coverage of higher speed LTE.
Besides, calling over carriers is becoming less common, as applications for video and calls are more common.

So as for Xiaomi being bad, while it is good to have alll bands just in case, it is more the operators not installing decent LTE which is the problem.

I checked call quality on a samsung A3 2017 with VoLTE and withoout VoLTE. There's a big difference.
I'm getting an average of 0.86 MB/s over HSDPA and over 11 MB/s over LTE in the same region while the spectrum (network) is clear at 4AM. That's megabytes per second, not megabits per second.
I can tell you that the coverage of 4G in Europe is awesome on Band 20, which I can confirm through FIRST hand experience from Harnosand (Sweden) - July last year through Utrech (Netherlands), Hamburg (Germany), Maribor (Slovenia), Zagreb and Rijeka (Croatia), Padova (Italy).

Let me teach you a bit. HSDPA+ is at 42 Mbps (megabits) only if there's dual carrier support which means that 2 networks that cover your area need to cooperate and alloow you to use their channels for data.

The operators/networks use LTE Band 20 @ 800 MHz because of great signal propagation compared to 1800/2100/2600 MHz which has very bad signal propagation. The upper-frequency bands are used for microcells (femtocells) and usually cover streets with tall buildings on both sides (think of it as a half-tunnel without a roof). The lower band (Band 20) is used by DEFAULT by every single operator in Europe which most operators switched to in 2013 (some in 2014 and onwards) for the aforementioned reasons. This awesome spectrum was freed up by the switch of analog TV signal to DTV and is covered by "EU digital dividend".

Therefore my conclusions about Xiaomi being a bad manufacturer giving us software repackaged phones originally planned for China have complete foundations.

Learn more about the actual technology and how it works before misinforming people who might read this.

You are welcome.

Hello guys,

Does the redmi 4 pro global stable have french language ?

Thank you in advance :)

The lower band (Band 20) is used by DEFAULT by every single operator in Europe
Learn more about the actual technology and how it works before misinforming people who might read this.

You are welcome.
Well my operator in france doesn't use band 20. At all. Even DEFAULT
Thanks for the misinformation though.

Perhaps band 20 works well in Sweden, in fact they heavily invested in the technology as it is not a densely populated country, and it is cheap. When many people are connected on the same antenna the rate decreases anyways.
For me it is useless. As for using 4G across different territories, it is prohibitively expensive at the present time.
I hardly need 4G all of the time anyway. Good HSPDA does me well for general use. But most times I pull at least 26MB/s.

Well my operator in france doesn't use band 20. At all. Even DEFAULT
Thanks for the misinformation though.

Perhaps band 20 works well in Sweden, in fact they heavily invested in the technology as it is not a densely populated country, and it is cheap. When many people are connected on the same antenna the rate decreases anyways.
For me it is useless. As for using 4G across different territories, it is prohibitively expensive at the present time.
I hardly need 4G all of the time anyway. Good HSPDA does me well for general use. But most times I pull at least 26MB/s.

Bouygues, Orange and SFR in France use 800 MHz band. Are you in a heavily populated area thus using Band 1,3 or 7? Even the "Free" operator in France uses 800 MHz of other operators in France to supplement their data networks. Google a bit, learn dude, learn.

Oh and could you please start typing HSDPA and not HSPDA? HSPDA doesn't exist, in your first post it seemed like a typo and I didn't mentioned it but now I see you're stuck with it. Maybe you're using an unknown technology :)