Soft-bricked Poco X6 Bootloop and Stuck at Fastboot

TurabG

Members
Jan 11, 2024
Hi all.

I newly unlocked a Poco X6 (garnet) now. I flashed TWRP without any problem. I wiped data. I used OTG Flash drive to install the Xiaomi.Eu HyperOS stable release for garnet. Installation process displayed an error message saying it cannot locate /system_root. Then it continued the process and said it installed successfully. From the TRWP menu I selected Power Off and when I powered it on back, I faced a boot-loop.

Then I tried booting to recovery, now the touchscreen did not work. Then I tried reflashing recovery. It was successful but touchscreen still didn't work. I also tried flashing OrangeFox instead of TWRP to see if it would have helped. Now the phone is stuck in Fastboot mode. I cannot power it off. It just boots back to Fastboot automatically.

Now what should I do? And how would I install HyperOS stable?

Edit: I tried setting a partition active like:
Code:
fastboot set_active a
fastboot reboot recovery

Then I advanced wiped everything including data. Then reboot to system from recovery.

Now it booted to system and started normal setup process. Is this normal and should I proceed normally using the phone?

Edit2: SIM card is detected, it also identifies the GSM operator correctly but there is no data and GSM doesn't work.

Edit3: I saw the modem fix here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-on-the-xiaomi-eu-firmware.71423/post-717917

But used the file with HyperOS firmware and it works now.

Last edited: