MULTI 5.11.26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly say, after update to 5.11.26 Mi2S has never been so fast and smooth like now.

Some additional changes are not mentioned in changelog:
- Increased download speed;
- New visual effect for applications start;
- The images that are hidden with file explore are not visible anymore in gallery app

@graw2 do you flash via updater twice? or we have to flash via fast boot ?
from 5.11.19

thanks in advamce

The last 5.11.26, but the same with all the november versions...
If i put the "hotspots mobiles" option in ON , this problem is not present...
Its a pitty that they did Not solve the Problem. So u have to enable the Hotspot feature and it works?

@graw2 do you flash via updater twice? or we have to flash via fast boot ?
from 5.11.19

thanks in advamce
If you already have both merged systems and merged data partitions, then you can update to 5.11.26 simply via updater app. If you have not merged systems or you have not merged data, then better to flash 5.11.20 or newer release of fastboot package via MiFlash with flash all script (it will merge both data and system partitions in 1 step). And finally flash our release via updater app. After that (optional) you can wipe SD and Wipe all Data via MiRecovery to remove Chinese remains to get perfectly clean system.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its a pitty that they did Not solve the Problem. So u have to enable the Hotspot feature and it works?

Yes, in this modality the WiFi is stable, for this moment. But is not "normal" , my Mi4W have not this bug with the this version...but Mi4C yes... :-(

Reactions: Littorio
Hello,
I have a Mi2S with miui 5.11.12.

I have merged data partitions but I still have separate system partitions.

Which steps do I have to do to merge system partitions without losing apps, settings and personal data?
I read that there were bootloop problems with 5.11.20
Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Peterjj
Thank you for work as usual. Im having issue with music app, when i download new rom and update the music app not the so i need to extract it and copy to "system/prv-app/" from the zip but today not working... i get the "unfortunatley" error attached... any help? @ingbrzy

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-27-09-39-54_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-27-09-39-54_com.miui.bugreport.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 498
Hermes problem....
Root acces doesn't work. I have checked with root checker and it says:
"Sorry, Root access is not properly installed on this device"
Unable to install busybox.

Redmi Note 2

If you already have both merged systems and merged data partitions, then you can update to 5.11.26 simply via updater app. If you have not merged systems or you have not merged data, then better to flash 5.11.20 or newer release of fastboot package via MiFlash with flash all script (it will merge both data and system partitions in 1 step). And finally flash our release via updater app. After that (optional) you can wipe SD and Wipe all Data via MiRecovery to remove Chinese remains to get perfectly clean system.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
Exact explanation and extremely helpful, thank you very much!

Reactions: mnikolce and graw2
Hello,
I have a Mi2S with miui 5.11.12.

I have merged data partitions but I still have separate system partitions.

Which steps do I have to do to merge system partitions without losing apps, settings and personal data?
I read that there were bootloop problems with 5.11.20
Thank you

From @graw2
You can merge system partitions already, just install xiaomi.eu 5.11.19 two times via updater app. So, if you already have 5.11.19 installed on your Mi2S just install it again via updater app and you will see. Before install it make sure you have USB debugging enabled in developer options! You can check result by df command in Terminal Emilator. System size should be 1009,3MB after merged systems successfully.
If you already have both merged systems and merged data partitions, then you can update to 5.11.26 simply via updater app

Reactions: graw2 and krassiy
Hermes problem....
Root acces doesn't work. I have checked with root checker and it says:
"Sorry, Root access is not properly installed on this device"
Unable to install busybox.

Redmi Note 2
I have no problem with root acces, every app that needs root is working good

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: heksmi
Headphones music listening scattering is fixed? For me it's critical bug... 4 or more versions have it

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

I have no problem with root acces, every app that needs root is working good

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
Have you tried to install busybox? It says the following:
"It looks like busybox is installed.but it does not appear to be the version that you selected to have installed. You may want to try the installation again but this time using a different installation location"

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your great work and efforts! I'm using my RM2 since about a month and I'm quite happy. I'm running now 5.11.19
I've noticed that there is a mess up with the LED notifications respectively colors. Does the interal Music app have a search option (magnifier) like a Blackberry Passport? I would like to type in the songtitles and not to swipe.

Regards,
dn87

Reactions: ZoneR
Status
Not open for further replies.