Aosp 4.4 KitKat ROM AOSP by ivan

So is everyone experiencing better battery life and smoother animations or is it just me ^^ ? Im curious.

And where do we find Ivan's roms? Because I just found this 4.4.4 accidentally but I'd like to check for updates time by time :)

you can follow his thread at xiaomi.cn regularly. Usually as other users said, it will be on Friday's !
But i am sorry i can't provide you the link as it is so difficult these days to search for a specific thread in xiaomi.cn due to their forum upgrades.

So is everyone experiencing better battery life and smoother animations or is it just me ^^ ? Im curious.

And where do we find Ivan's roms? Because I just found this 4.4.4 accidentally but I'd like to check for updates time by time :)
It is ivan miui account blog
http://www.miui.com/space-uid-426143.html
If you have account you can find all ivan theme as below picture

by the way
Ivan has release two version,one aosp like nexus 5,another is himself use add optimization based on aosp,for example update kernel,mitools...

and the lastest aosp version is 4.4.3(kernel 3.4.0,didn't release 4.4.4)
http://www.miui.com/thread-1805469-1-1.html

Attachments

• ivan.PNG
    ivan.PNG
    144 KB · Views: 481
I want to try this rom. I noticed so many positive feedback from the users here.
Please answer my queries before i flash this. Thanks.
1. I m on M1Cha CWM recovery. It shouldnt be any problem to flash this rom using this recovery right? This rom supports TDB right?
2. Judging from the size of the zip file, i guess Google apps are not included in it. So which Gapps version i need to flash? i tried CM 11 earlier and used gapps package made by linuxx. will that work?
3. Does Xposed framework work in this rom? I m downloading codeaurora version btw.
4. Does this rom comes with root? or i need to flash SuperSU seperately?
5. What are the bugs currently present in this rom?
Hope all my queries to be answered soon.

1. M1cha CWM works
2. I flashed pa-gapps
3. Xposed is also working
4. Root is included
5. The only bug i found that app-ops cant open (fc)

Reactions: Shuvo_bd
Blazing fast and i guess no bug. App option under setting is working fine without any force close. Flashed 4.4 google apps by BANKS. Btw, anyone on latest OTA update? I got OTA about 163 MB

Blazing fast and i guess no bug. App option under setting is working fine without any force close. Flashed 4.4 google apps by BANKS. Btw, anyone on latest OTA update? I got OTA about 163 MB
That is first to last version.
I had to start clean today, but at first my OTA package was only 4.4 MB. Still strange though...

So far, extraordinary performance. On screen time is 3.5 hour +, very impressed with fluidity and battery life. Everything is working perfectly. I guess 'Ok google' is not working coz of my country. Its showing location services is not available for my country. However, i use Xiaomi Piston 2 headset. Only bug i noticed that headset buttons are not working properly. Pressing middle button does pause and play songs. Holding Up button increases volume, but down button does nothing. another thing is cosmetic though, when network connection is on, there is no indicator - like up and down arrow in the network icon. Rest all is fine.

Just switched to this ROM from CM11 m8 and am finding this more stable (no random reboots) and better battery life. Lacks a few of the features of CM11 but xposed adds most of those back... Thanks to Ivan!

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
Just switched to this ROM from CM11 m8 and am finding this more stable (no random reboots) and better battery life. Lacks a few of the features of CM11 but xposed adds most of those back... Thanks to Ivan!
R u getting Audio distortion while locking and unlocking phone with Audio playback? :( I

I think i found out the culprit. Similar thing happened to me On CM11. I noticed one interesting thing, if u use third party launcher, then there will be music distortion. I installed Google launcher on CM and noticed music distortion, then i changed to Tribuchet and the distortion is gone. I assume its same for Ivan's AOSP too. Too bad, i just flashed CM 11 over it. Will flash it again on my second partition soon. Can u confirm the launcher issue @RobinHood00

i forgot to mention another thing, the download link contains 4.7.15 built. But if u check updater app, u will notice an update available about 168 MB in size, Built num 4.8...... something. I tried to downoad that update, but it seems download is awefully slow. tried it over wifi with a fair speed, but not succeed. Anybody on the latest built? and any difference from the last built? It will be great, if someone download the update and update the link with the new built. I assume its a complete rom. Size of the file is similar to a full rom. I didnt find any link for the latest built apart from OTA. :(
Thanks for patient hearing.

I think i found out the culprit. Similar thing happened to me On CM11. I noticed one interesting thing, if u use third party launcher, then there will be music distortion. I installed Google launcher on CM and noticed music distortion, then i changed to Tribuchet and the distortion is gone. I assume its same for Ivan's AOSP too. Too bad, i just flashed CM 11 over it. Will flash it again on my second partition soon. Can u confirm the launcher issue @RobinHood00
I'm using Apex. Don't have that problem. It is pretty weird though, did you try a fresh install?

The newest AOSP is 4.7.15, there is small update though.

The newest update is 4.8.19 and is 169 MB, from the version with build # 4.7.15. However, there was an update in between and from the latter the update to the newest version is only 5 MB. Anyways, the 169 MB version is, i think, an update as it does not contain a file manager. Let me see if i can give you a dropbox link. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ikcyw5zh..._miui_mi2_qcom_4.8.19_2dddac0eda_4.4.zip?dl=0
I wonder if this contains the newest drivers released by qualcomm early in August. I suppose this can be installed on top of the earlier release without wiping?

Chrome gives me a warning about malicious software, can you give me the original link? Thanks

Last edited: