Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither. I want to help my and my team's sanity.
Makes sense as well. Do you know perhaps if Google Assistant works on the Chinese ROM? Your colleagues say GPay works, but Assistant is also something I use quite often and I'd miss it, thus want to have the right understanding if it's gonna work or not before I switch

Makes sense as well. Do you know perhaps if Google Assistant works on the Chinese ROM? Your colleagues say GPay works, but Assistant is also something I use quite often and I'd miss it, thus want to have the right understanding if it's gonna work or not before I switch
Depends on whether you manage to install Google Play services and the Google app.
There are more things to consider if you expect to use Voice Match/OK Google.

Depends on whether you manage to install Google Play services and the Google app.
So it's not only about installing Google Play Store APK and then downloading all the other Google apps from it?? I was under impression that it's a simple operation,.same as installing any other app from the store.

So it's not only about installing Google Play Store APK and then downloading all the other Google apps from it?? I was under impression that it's a simple operation,.same as installing any other app from the store.
Nope. Google Play services is a whole package that runs with elevated permissions.
In fact, China ROMs already have Google Play services included, but yeah, the Play Store has to be installed.
Many Google-related system apps are not included there though.

Reactions: Spookie and dgtal1
The new patched Stable builds available for download.
I'm concerned if my bank apss will or won't works after that (root & Play Integrity Fix Module)
Downloading it for Poco F3 (alioth) and will feedback later.

EDITED: Device already updated and working flawlessly again - link

IMG_20231118_140544.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaffi
Are you sure Google Assistant won't work with the China ROM??
I have a different understanding, that all you need to do it to install Google Apps and everything will work. Not sure about Assistant, but the Xiaomi.eu guys say GPay will work just fine as the Chinese ROM is also Google certified
It doesn't work on my Mi Pad 5 Pro Cn Rom.

Voice assist can't be changed away from Xiaomi's AI (which is utterly crap).

Flashing to Xiaomi.eu allows me to "OK Google".

True, but all Stables were recently rebuilt with many updated system apps, newer than on last Weekly.
So do take that in mind.
Alright so a good solution is to wait for next Weekly release and grab that.

And to wipe a Dalvik cache.

What's a Dalvik cache?

Edit: so next weekly is hyperos.

Goddammit. It's not even released for 12S Ultra yet.

Last edited:
You can't lock bootloader on Xiaomi.eu ROM at all.
Could you please clarify under which circumstances can some one relock bootloader?

EEA device with EEA stock ROM = YES
EEA device with China Stock ROM = NO!
EEA device with Global Stock ROM = YES
EEA device with any other stock than above = ?
EEA device with ANY custom ROM = NO!

Thanks in advance

P.S. Is there any specific hardware piece that the bootloader can recognize so the device gets bricked or it's a matter of security signatures etc?

Could you please clarify under which circumstances can some one relock bootloader?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Is there any specific hardware piece that the bootloader can recognize so the device gets bricked or it's a matter of security signatures etc?
You can only relock the bootloader when you flash it back to the original type of ROM.

If you have a CN set, then flash it back to CN stock rom.

Yeah OK google and voice commands don't work. You can't switch it away from the default Mi AI.

Absolutely horrible. I wish you guys had Xiaomi.eu support for my Mi Pad 5 Pro. Lovely tablet otherwise.

Thanks in advance

It is easy.
The bootloader can be locked in the following cases:
> Global device with any Global ROM derivative (Global, EEA, RU, ID, IN, TU, etc.)
> Chinese device only with Chinese ROM.

Not saying that you think that specifically, just the fact that this thread is so active demonstrates that many people here are convinced that Google services are somehow our problem.
I think that you are misunderstanding "many people"... I believe that many people as you say ar at least grateful and thankful to all the developers team... Of course it's a Google problem.... But as you are making a much better ROM than the stock one people are expecting this problem to be fixed on the same way that all of you spending your time just to create these ROMS.. is there any other specific reason that you do this? I believe mostly because you like it.... If not you can may just explain in public what is the purpose of a stable version vs dev if 'basic' things don't work... And please don't say again that you don't use nfc because you should then make a custom ROM and just keep it for your self... Really I don't mean to offend you... I really thank you for all your efforts and I am just commenting for this case in a friendly way... / Best Regards

Mix 4 here

I would move over to weekly roms but it seems like my device is not supported?

So my only Option to get Google Pay to Work is Magisk and Integrity Fix? Any downside to that, i read that Banking Apps will stop working?

It is easy.
The bootloader can be locked in the following cases:
> Global device with any Global ROM derivative (Global, EEA, RU, ID, IN, TU, etc.)
> Chinese device only with Chinese ROM.
Thanks! So for many people that the problem is the mi dialer (recording) isn't any other ROM except Chinese which has mi dialer+recording and can be locked for global devices or all global roms have google s**t now? (I haven't test any of them)

Reactions: dith77
I think that you are misunderstanding "many people"... I believe that many people as you say ar at least grateful and thankful to all the developers team... Of course it's a Google problem.... But as you are making a much better ROM than the stock one people are expecting this problem to be fixed on the same way that all of you spending your time just to create these ROMS.. is there any other specific reason that you do this? I believe mostly because you like it.... If not you can may just explain in public what is the purpose of a stable version vs dev if 'basic' things don't work... And please don't say again that you don't use nfc because you should then make a custom ROM and just keep it for your self... Really I don't mean to offend you... I really thank you for all your efforts and I am just commenting for this case in a friendly way... / Best Regards
Not sure what this nonsense is about, but Google Pay is not a "basic" feature of an Android device. It's a service offered by Google for secure devices (aka locked bootloader). Just like Widevine L1 is not a "basic" feature of an Android device - not all devices have it.
This is really just facts, not even something to argue over. Just because a lot of people use feature X doesn't make feature X my problem.
And yes, I do this because I like it. What I don't like is having to use dirty hacks to fool online services, and playing cat and mouse games.

And yes, I do this because I like it. What I don't like is having to use dirty hacks to fool online services, and playing cat and mouse games.
That's ok... I understand and thanks for your explanation... I am just hoping for a 'clean' hack to be found so we are having back gpay someway because you will like too... :) thanks again for all your efforts...

Flashed REBUILD ontop, no formatting done.
Stable :) (Same version but had some changes implemented due to no version number change, hence ROM rebuild)
Thanks. Which magisk modules have you installed? I update the ROM on my Poco F5, Google wallet works for some days than stopped again.
I have a Poco F5 with Xiaomi EU ROM with
- root with magisk 26.4
- Activated zygisk
- disabled enforced denied list
- installed magisk module hide props config
- installed magisk module system hosts
- installed magisk module universal safetynet Fix
- installed magisk module Shamiko
- configured block list in magisk
I have Hidden magisk App.

Thanks. Which magisk modules have you installed? I update the ROM on my Poco F5, Google wallet works for some days than stopped again.
I have a Poco F5 with Xiaomi EU ROM with
- root with magisk 26.4
- Activated zygisk
- disabled enforced denied list
- installed magisk module hide props config
- installed magisk module system hosts
- installed magisk module universal safetynet Fix
- installed magisk module Shamiko
- configured block list in magisk
I have Hidden magisk App.
Just the play integrity fix and kdragons universal safetynet fix but this doesn't resolve it now because of the following:

"The SafetyNet Attestation API is deprecated and has been replaced by the Play Integrity API."

We're screwed until there become more permanent solutions for PI API.

I appreciate the devs already working so hard with their custom ROM now becoming a target because of Google's decision.

As I understand, the problem is in "Pixel 2" identification. Can we have a patch for our ROMs to remove that recognition (system/super RW patch is already applied, so partition is RW accessible)?

Reactions: ipman
It doesn't work on my Mi Pad 5 Pro Cn Rom.

Voice assist can't be changed away from Xiaomi's AI (which is utterly crap).

Flashing to Xiaomi.eu allows me to "OK Google".
I don't need OK Google to work. I don't use it anyway. I call it manually by holding the side button. But can I actually trigger Google Assistant by holding the switch on/off button?? That's what I'd actually need

Just the play integrity fix and kdragons universal safetynet fix but this doesn't resolve it now because of the following:

"The SafetyNet Attestation API is deprecated and has been replaced by the Play Integrity API."

We're screwed until there become more permanent solutions for PI API.

I appreciate the devs already working so hard with their custom ROM now becoming a target because of Google's decision.
So basically we need to wait if a rom update will fix it.
Should I uninstall Universal Safety Net fix as it is not working anymore?
Regarding playIntegrityFix I red on GitHub that play integrity fix doesn't work for Xiaomi EU. https://github.com/chiteroman/PlayIntegrityFix/releases/tag/v13
Thanks

As I understand, the problem is in "Pixel 2" identification. Can we have a patch for our ROMs to remove that recognition (system/super RW patch is already applied, so partition is RW accessible)?
Could you explain better this point? Actually sometimes my Poco F5 is recognised as PIXEL 2 from Google account.

Status
Not open for further replies.