HELP: MiPad 4 Plus (LTE) that is now locked

dorkshoei

Members
Jun 5, 2023
I have a MiPad 4 Plus. I purchased it off AliExpress (unlocked by seller). I have always ran Lineage OS ROM.

It started to have bizarre hardware issues that turned out to be a failed battery. The phone was behaving very oddly.

During the debugging I think I accidentally erased a partition containing needed Xiaomi binary data because from then on Lineage started bootlooping.

I got the battery fixed.

Advice I got was to try reinstalling the stock Xiaomi ROM V10.3.2.0.ODJCNXM

I did this but stupidly didn't notice the default option in the Xiaomi flash tool was to lock (flash_all_lock.bat).

So now I have a locked boot loader.

-----

Worse, wifi won't turn on.

I can enable it but it just switches off after a few seconds. Upper right corner shows "..."

I can enable bluetooth and share internet from another device and I have Internet connectivity.

If I go to settings->Accounts->Mi Account and try to log in (which I thought was a required step to getting boot loader unlocked) it says "Couldn't check device security info. Can't get device status, wait a minute or two and try again". But waiting doesn't help.

Some searching indicates that this above error plus the Wifi not starting issue may be due to a bad persist partition.

-----

I can't use the MiUnlock tool (v6.5.406.31). It reports (device in Fastboot mode) "Couldn't unlock. Please add your account in MIUI Settings -> Developer options -> Mi Unlock Status"

If I enable developer options (Bluetooth Internet sharing still enabled) and go to "Mi Unlock Status" I get a page that shows:

Code:
This device is locked.  This phone is secured
I understand the risks but still want to unlock my device
1. Make sure you've already installed a SIM card into your device
2. Turn off WLAN and turn on mobile data.  Make sure your device can connect to the internet using mobile data.
3, Tap "add account" below to associate your Mi accoint with this device.
4. Download the unlock tool from our website

The issue is that I've never used LTE (mobile data) on this device and as far as I know there are no carriers in the USA (where I live) that support the bands the MiPad4 Plus uses. My Google Fi SIM doesn't work. Neither does a Verizon.

-----

If I reboot into fastmode I'm unable to reflash the stock Xiaomi image. The flash tool reports it's flashing various partitions but then always reports "error FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)

------

Is there any way to recover this?

Thanks

I don't think there are a lot of users with the skillset you are looking for on this forum.

I don't think there are a lot of users with the skillset you are looking for on this forum.

You're probably right. I'm unsure of any other forum which would be better. I've asked on XDA forum. Nothing.

Any suggestions?