Release MIUI Multi-Language Rom 2.7.20 [ICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright, well I'm downloading the rom again.. I had had it accidentally deleted.. I hope it works for me as well!

Also another thing: I have sent Kees Jan a personal message at www.miui.nl and asked him if he is still busy with translating and if I can help him maybe.. I hope to get a response soon!

Well, I'm now getting the message; "You need ROOT access to do this operation" when I try to copy framework-res.apk to /system/framework/ with Android Commander 0.7.9.11

Any idea?

After changing the framework code-miui-res.apk Have collected but wonder if the solution does not work?

Enable root permission in permission monitor first then.

I'm sory, but how to do that? I'm feeling like an android noop! :(

EDIT: I have found the permission monitor, but I really don't know what to do with it.. I have try many things but I'm still getting the message..

HTC Sensation ROM can't boot. I have Sensation XE, with firmware 3.33. i did full wipe on 4Ext and run super wipe script, flash ROM and can't boot after 15 min. I check md5 and it's correct. Any idea what' wrong?

HTC Sensation ROM can't boot. I have Sensation XE, with firmware 3.33. i did full wipe on 4Ext and run super wipe script, flash ROM and can't boot after 15 min. I check md5 and it's correct. Any idea what' wrong?

I have the same problem. Sensation will not boot.

Thank you for the solution. I opened the zip file with Winzip (Mac) and replaced the framework-res.apk in /system/framework. Than flashed the new zip file and I have got a dutch MIUI with all my settings and apps preserved.

Reactions: Jan Skolnik
I'm removing the ability to translate framework-res.apk. I can't deal with this anymore. I don't have the time to fix translators mistakes.

Reactions: boxcarracer81
framework-miui-res.apk is recompile the code is changed, but the solution does not work here?

Sorry Bad Engilish

Well Connor do the simple way: remove inactive languages. If translators don't bother to keep up with their languages then we have no reason to add this languages into multi rom. Especially when this is often the cause of troubles...

I am gonna help you. I will download multi for my NS (at least that i can do) and check languages for error and then make logcats.
But I will need translators github addresses to localize the errors in translations.

For me is the problem solved now FINALLY by replacing the "framewor-res.apk" file from the non multi language version of MIUI.

I had some troubles with root access, but finally the app "super manager" did the job.. I was able to give root access inside the app and copied and paste the file into the framework folder.. Everything is fine now..

So I hope this will be also for others!

@iBotpeaches: I have sent KeesJan (Dutch translator for MIUI) a message with the question if he is still busy with translating.. The actual dutch translation is a bit out-dated and I have asked him if he needed some help.. So I hope I get a reaction soon, and can help him with new translations.. Will be contineud!

I'm removing the ability to translate framework-res.apk. I can't deal with this anymore. I don't have the time to fix translators mistakes.

or just replace defective framework-res.apk translation strings.xml from stock ROM of each device...

Allright, to make your life a lot easier flash the attached file in cwm. I can confirm that it works. ;)

Edit: for SGS2

That was the flashable zip I made for the previous build, that also includes NetworkLocation.apk. I can confirm, though, that Italian language is fine, there are no errors in framework-res.apk and NetworkLocation works pretty good (thanks, Mish!).

For those of you who are still experiencing android.ui.core crashes as in the previous version, please use the framework-res.apk included in the english 2.7.20. I'm glad that the fix-miui-2.7.13.zip works for you even for this build, but I don't recommend flashing an older framework.

It appears that Dutch still has a framework problem and thats the only language so far I've found with the error.

As for the NetworkLocation.apk, we switched it back to Google this week.

Infact some MIUI official devices already have translated framework-res.apk
Those devices are built from WWE base so they are multilanguage (besides MIUI system apps).
I think WWE MIUI v4 are: SGS2, SGS3, HTC One X/S, HTC Sensation and Xperia S.

So to those devices we don't need multilang framework-res because its already in ;)

As for the NetworkLocation.apk, we switched it back to Google this week.

GREAT!

This devices are built from WWE base so they are multilanguage (besides MIUI system apps).

So to this devices we don't need multilang framework-res because its already in ;)

When I switched to the English framework-res.apk in 2.7.13 I noticed many untranslated strings ("Emergency calls only" and things like that). It seems that we actually need translations for framework-res.apk. Using SGS2.

GREAT!

When I switched to the English framework-res.apk in 2.7.13 I noticed many untranslated strings ("Emergency calls only" and things like that). It seems that we actually need translations for framework-res.apk. Using SGS2.

That is the lockscreen, and were testing localized lockscreens now. You simply use the manifest_xx.xml and I inject it into the lockscreen file.

Those devices are built from WWE base so they are multilanguage (besides MIUI system apps).

So to those devices we don't need multilang framework-res because its already in ;)

but MIUI China is using as base ZSLPG for SGS2 and there is no European translations.... I already checked that.... try to decompile framework-res.apk from ZSLPG and you will see.... :)

but MIUI China is using as base ZSLPG for SGS2 and there is no European translations.... I already checked that.... try to decompile framework-res.apk from ZSLPG and you will see.... :)
Sorry my mistake about SGS2. Its east asia base (some asian languages only).
But newer devices have WWE.

Reactions: Montblanc0
That is the lockscreen, and were testing localized lockscreens now. You simply use the manifest_xx.xml and I inject it into the lockscreen file.

Yes, you're right. I forgot that miui's framework is in another apk. :)

Is italian team still active?

Super-active as ever!

Reactions: supermario3
Status
Not open for further replies.