MIUI-Power Saving Mode. What does it do ?

How are you doing "My mode". At this moment I use Saving Mode, but I want to set your mode.
"My mode = 4 cores online. max clock 918,always sit at 594mhz and drop instantenously to 384 when my finger off the phone. powersave governor. Currrent usage = 0.5mA."

You can set this yourself with any CPU control tool, for eg. No Frills CPU. You need to select 'Normal mode', and max clock 918MHz. Set governor to ondemand.

Cheers!

Answered as above. But im using Trickster Mod Apps, works better than any of kernel modifier apps.. i also set my gpu clock to 200mhz max , tho the gpu is mostly at minimum of 128mhz lol.

EDIT : ps : now ive changed to 1134mhz max and using interactive governor. somehow it scales up much better than ondemand, and scales down as quick as powersave would. This makes my phone able to handle much bigger process at CERTAIN time, and 384mhz most of the time. (facebook app, browser and pdf reader is much much more responsive with 1134mhz interactive 4 core. Note : power hungry apps)

Reactions: yash3339
Answered as above. But im using Trickster Mod Apps, works better than any of kernel modifier apps.. i also set my gpu clock to 200mhz max , tho the gpu is mostly at minimum of 128mhz lol.

EDIT : ps : now ive changed to 1134mhz max and using interactive governor. somehow it scales up much better than ondemand, and scales down as quick as powersave would. This makes my phone able to handle much bigger process at CERTAIN time, and 384mhz most of the time. (facebook app, browser and pdf reader is much much more responsive with 1134mhz interactive 4 core. Note : power hungry apps)
That sounds really good. Are you on 2G or 3G data? What is your screen time? I'd like to give this a go.

CM10.2 should give better battery time when its fully released. Currently CM10.2 have too many wakelock issues. RILJ and Wifi eat 40% of the deepsleep. Thus making miui a better rom for now (miui drains due its crappy coding and rubbish inside, but no wakelocks makes it better in term of battery).

On topic :
Ive found that if u regularly use ur phone (Whatsappp, browsing, etc etc , regular = 3 hrs out of 10hrs), Using normal mode will save more battery.

Ive tried several combinations for regular use.

Battery saving mode = 2 core online, often maxed clock due to regular browsing with 3g data. Current usage = 0.7mA.
Normal Mode = 4 cores online, variable clocking, data showed mostly around 594mhz and 918mhz . Current usage = 0.6mA
Perfomance Mode = 4 cores online, often maxed at 1728mhz. Current Usage = 0.9mA.

My mode = 4 cores online. max clock 918,always sit at 594mhz and drop instantenously to 384 when my finger off the phone. powersave governor. Currrent usage = 0.5mA.

This shows that , Actually u need to set the powermode accordingly to your use. Since in Saving mode, the core 2 max 918 all the time, uses more current then 4 cores at 594mhz.

Though, this data i provided is not absolute, Of course i prefer to run normal mode for its smoothness. Battery saving and Mymode is just a pain ( i cant stand microlag.OCD? lol ).

Note : if u are a light user, use powersaving mode. it idles at 0.2mA and small wakelock will not trigger it to high clock, thus more saving.
@skysoblue : Thats a great analysis assuming you have had exact same usage on your phone during all three times.
I always got almost the same battery life with both modes since I am a regular user.(3 hours screen time out of say 12 hours)
I was planning to do a similar exercise for my phone but it needed to have exact apps running for the same time duration. So was taking a while for it.

anyway, your analysis gives a good insight. : ) Thanks

@bellus_charm, what is your screen on time? I just started using my Mi2S as well, and am pretty happy with the battery life. I get about 4.5-5 hours of screen on time (using the 918MHz mod). Also, as far as I know, batteries used on phones like the Mi2S do not require calibration.

Power save mode does underclock (to 918MHz). You can use any CPU control tool to check this. I'm not sure about how many cores are online, but I assume two of them go offline in power save.

Let me know if I can help further!
@yash3339 Its a Lithium Ion battery and like any other Lithium Ion battery it needs calibration. (i.e. discharging it all the way and charging it to full for 7-8 hours)
As a matter of fact, I have observed the battery to have a battery life than what i used to get initially. To I guess the battery is "settling down" as they say .

Btw 4.5-5 hours screen time is a great screen time :) How often do you use your phone in the day ? Can you post screenies?
I usually get 3.5 hours screen time approx.

That sounds really good. Are you on 2G or 3G data? What is your screen time? I'd like to give this a go.

Im on 3g (H+ data all the time with sync).By the end of the day, my battery would left around 10-15% with 5.5hrs screen. so im assuming my phone could last 24 hours with 6-7hrs screen time. Im using 3100 mAh battery btw.
On wifi/2g mode, i can last 1.5 days with 9-10 hrs screen.

im still testing roms and mods to increase batterylife without the expense of lag. so i kind of change rom and settings every week to push the phone to its limit.

@skysoblue : Thats a great analysis assuming you have had exact same usage on your phone during all three times.
I always got almost the same battery life with both modes since I am a regular user.(3 hours screen time out of say 12 hours)
I was planning to do a similar exercise for my phone but it needed to have exact apps running for the same time duration. So was taking a while for it.

anyway, your analysis gives a good insight. : ) Thanks

I cant say i have the exact same usage, well no one can. lol
But i can say its pretty much the same. Unless my Whatsapp got spam like crazy (at certain times, my group of friends just went wild and chat in the group for like 3-5hrs straight, making my phone receiving non-stop notifications) thus draining battery.

to minimize this kind of circumstances, each setting will be ran for 2-3 days before i conclude the outcome :)

@yash3339 Its a Lithium Ion battery and like any other Lithium Ion battery it needs calibration. (i.e. discharging it all the way and charging it to full for 7-8 hours)
As a matter of fact, I have observed the battery to have a battery life than what i used to get initially. To I guess the battery is "settling down" as they say .

Btw 4.5-5 hours screen time is a great screen time :) How often do you use your phone in the day ? Can you post screenies?
I usually get 3.5 hours screen time approx.

Even I've noticed better battery after a few charging cycles. Although I never charged the phone for 7-8hrs.

This was yesterday when I got a break, and the screen on time was an great 5.5 hours with data always on (on WiFi towards the end). Please note this is the usual 2000mAh battery. Phone used in power saving and normal mode, maybe in a 70:30 ratio.

Screenshot_2013-11-25-10-29-57.png Screenshot_2013-11-25-10-29-43.png