[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

Do not move them on sdcard

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
I've a Mi2 too. Explain me how, please.

I see 2 internal storage (in settings-->storage), the first 3, 5 Gb and the second 23,5 Gb... The app info of removed ones says "move to phone", the app info of the ones that remain says "move to USB storage"

EDIT: i see that all the apps in /data/app are the ones with no problem (and this is the 3,5gb storage). So I suppose if I "move to phone" the ones with problem, they go here (in data):p

in /sdcard where are the apps? I only see /android/data without the apk...the real problem is that the space in /data is only 3,5gb and some of the apps that cause problems are 1gb around...any possibility of having data in sdcard and apk in /data/app? any solution?

Last edited:
I've a Mi2 too. Explain me how, please.

I see 2 internal storage (in settings-->storage), the first 3, 5 Gb and the second 23,5 Gb... The app info of removed ones says "move to phone", the app info of the ones that remain says "move to USB storage"

EDIT: i see that all the apps in /data/app are the ones with no problem (and this is the 3,5gb storage). So I suppose if I "move to phone" the ones with problem, they go here (in data):p

in /sdcard where are the apps? I only see /android/data without the apk...the real problem is that the space in /data is only 3,5gb and some of the apps that cause problems are 1gb around...any possibility of having data in sdcard and apk in /data/app? any solution?

/mnt/asec/
It's possible with a little hack to partition table to merge sdcard and /data to have /data/media/0 as sdcard. But this will require a modded recovery too

/mnt/asec/
It's possible with a little hack to partition table to merge sdcard and /data to have /data/media/0 as sdcard. But this will require a modded recovery too

what and where do I have to copy from /mnt/asec/ (in my mi2 it is 104 mb and i've 1,5gb free on /data)? i've the micha cwmrecovery...if the merge doesn't create problem with flashing miui rom, I'll totally do it (obviously give me some guide :D)

Last edited:
what and where do I have to copy from /mnt/asec/ (in my mi2 is 104 mb and i've 1,5gb free on /data)? i've the micha cwmrecovery...if the merge doesn't create problem with flashing miui rom, I'll totally do it (obviously give me some guide :D)
What? Move apps on device using settings. Merge will do tons of problems, especially with miui

What? Move apps on device using settings. Merge will do tons of problems, especially with miui

i've no space (one is 1gb)...I meant if I could copy something (like the .apk or whatever) from /mnt/asec/ ( to /data to solve the problem for the app i want in the homescreen

i've no space (one is 1gb)...I meant if I could copy something (like the .apk or whatever) from /mnt/asec/ to /data to solve the problem for the app i want in the homescreen
Nope

a new launcher is the only solution?

for the ota update, what do you recommend? nightlies?
Launcher? Apps that are in mnt/asec are removed every boot. Since still no official support it's useless ota, but keep stable (a ROM once a month)

OK do this. Open cmfilemanager browse at /mn/asec after a reboot. If will be empty...

ok, i'll try nova launcher and write here the response...it still remains strange and disappointing that it's impossible to manage the app in the drawer (in the way user want I mean)...I hope cyano will fix that in some way

ok, i'll try nova launcher and write here the response...it still remains strange and disappointing that it's impossible to manage the app in the drawer (in the way user want I mean)...I hope cyano will fix that in some way
OK. U don't understand... If u move apps on SD ty they'll be moved form /data to /mnt/asec, but due to xiaomi fails, this partition get wiped from system every boot, so apps on SD will be removed. What can Nova do?? That link u gave me was a trebuchet bug that was fixed about 4 moths ago and caused some icons on desktop (not app drawer) get removed

Sent from my nexus 7

OK. U don't understand... If u move apps on SD ty they'll be moved form /data to /mnt/asec, but due to xiaomi fails, this partition get wiped from system every boot, so apps on SD will be removed. What can Nova do?? That link u gave me was a trebuchet bug that was fixed about 4 moths ago and caused some icons on desktop (not app drawer) get removed

Sent from my nexus 7
I don't understand either now.

My problem is: I've the apps in the drawer and all functioning. I want to move some of them in the homescreen (icons on the desktop as you writed above) but when I reboot just few of the icons disappear (from the desktop/homescreen, not from the app drawer)...and these are the one installed in sdcard (or in mnt/asec)...after reboot they're still there (in the folder /mnt/asec and in the app drawer). The same problem written in the link, I think.

If I go in the "app info" of the mnt/asec/ apps, there is an option to "move to phone" (I suppose from sdcard to /data)...I've only 3,5 gb in /data, how do I put icons of big apps (e.g. 1 gb sized ) in the sdcard (/mnt/asec)?

Then I was complaining about the impossibility of rearrange the apps in the app drawer as the user want (not only by name or count). But i can live with that, if i can create icons on desktop (or, as i say, on homescreen)

Last edited:
yes and there is a foreground data and a background data...if i restrict background data, foreground still remains? so it consumes data

I'll give a try to the background data but what i meant was if there is some feature to disable app 3g mobile data usage
Do that and please report.
I guess that foreground data just means that you can sync manually. Just sneak into the settings of the individual app you want to restrict. Many have a setting like "refresh/sync when app starts".

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

I don't understand either now.

My problem is: I've the apps in the drawer and all functioning. I want to move some of them in the homescreen (icons on the desktop as you writed above) but when I reboot just few of the icons disappear (from the desktop/homescreen, not from the app drawer)...and these are the one installed in sdcard (or in mnt/asec)...after reboot they're still there (in the folder /mnt/asec and in the app drawer). The same problem written in the link, I think.

If I go in the "app info" of the mnt/asec/ apps, there is an option to "move to phone" (I suppose from sdcard to /data)...I've only 3,5 gb in /data, how do I put icons of big apps (e.g. 1 gb sized ) in the sdcard (/mnt/asec)?

Then I was complaining about the impossibility of rearrange the apps in the app drawer as the user want (not only by name or count). But i can live with that, if i can create icons on desktop (or, as i say, on homescreen)

OK. I though that apps disappeared from drawer too. BTW the /mnt/asec is a fail from xiaomi, cuz miui doesn't allow apps on SD and they forgot (or better, they made a mistake) to merge /data and /sdcard... So a little hack won't be a problem with cm11 but it may be with miui and all other ROMs.

Do that and please report.
I guess that foreground data just means that you can sync manually. Just sneak into the settings of the individual app you want to restrict. Many have a setting like "refresh/sync when app starts".

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk
The foreground data appears to me to be the basic data. For example every app with ads (e.g. a game) take some foreground data (kb) everytime I use them (with the background data restricted).

I haven't searched on Google an app like the one I was using on MIUI (PERMISSION that allow you to choose for every app the use of 3g/data or wifi)...I was very comfort with that... Anything similar you know for cyano?

OK. I thought that apps disappeared from drawer too. BTW the /mnt/asec is a fail from xiaomi, cuz miui doesn't allow apps on SD and they forgot (or better, they made a mistake) to merge /data and /sdcard... So a little hack won't be a problem with cm11 but it may be with miui and all other ROMs.

I don't know whether to use the nova launcher or merge the 2 folder and say goodbye to miui or doing nothing and simply not care

(can you please send me or link me some instructions for the merge via pm ?)

Last edited:
I don't know if use the nova launcher or merge the 2 folder and say goodbye to miui or doing nothing and simply not care

(can you please send me or link me some instructions for the merge via pm ?)
It's a theorical thing. There are some things to change inside device tree

It's a theorical thing. There are some things to change inside device tree

you're kindly suggesting not to do it?:p

but if i try simply to add the .apk from mnt/asec/ to data/app/ it just reinstall the app?

I had to put in my pincode a few times when i pulled my phone out of my pocket not sure if it rebooted tough.

Also i've had the ghost touches 2 times since the latest build, is this coincidence or did something vital change?