[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Actually you cannot use either miui6 or androidL with dualsystem. That is: you cannot use miui6/wiui4,5,6 ; you cannot use miui6/aosp (any)

Same with androidL. You cannot use it with androidL/wiui4,5,6 ; you cannot use it with androidL/aosp (any)

I'm trying to explain that these two will destroy your dual boot system and delete your second system (miui,wiui or aosp)
By the way, I was talking about MIUIv6 official from en.miui.com, but not sMIUIv6 or WIUIv6, since sMIUIv6 and WIUIv6 are dualsystem friendly

By the way, I was talking about MIUIv6 official from en.miui.com, but not sMIUIv6 or WIUIv6, since sMIUIv6 and WIUIv6 are dualsystem friendly
I'm actually considering having both a MIUI5 and a MIUI6 system on my phone.
I was wondering if this is possible, and if it is then what steps I have to take to make sure I don't lose all of my stuff. Got some encryption stuff that would totally suck to lose/have to set back up again x)!

I don't actually use my current system1 with WIUI 6 KK, since I found sMIUI to be better for me :) .
So obviously, this is the system I'd like to run MIUI5 (actually, that is WIUI5) on.

I'm actually planning on running both the latest sMIUI and the 4.8.29 - FiNAL WIUIv5 KK roms at the same time.

I'm guessing a problem might be different system/folder structure or something like that?

It'd be totally awesome for me to be able have both!

BTW I'd love a solution that doesn't involve TDB <3.

Namaste

I'm actually considering having both a MIUI5 and a MIUI6 system on my phone.
I was wondering if this is possible, and if it is then what steps I have to take to make sure I don't lose all of my stuff. Got some encryption stuff that would totally suck to lose/have to set back up again x)!

I don't actually use my current system1 with WIUI 6 KK, since I found sMIUI to be better for me :) .
So obviously, this is the system I'd like to run MIUI5 (actually, that is WIUI5) on.

I'm actually planning on running both the latest sMIUI and the 4.8.29 - FiNAL WIUIv5 KK roms at the same time.

I'm guessing a problem might be different system/folder structure or something like that?

It'd be totally awesome for me to be able have both!

BTW I'd love a solution that doesn't involve TDB <3.

Namaste

You cannot run both systems without TrueDualBoot!

But it is no problem to have v5 and v6 installed at the same time.

To do so just do the following steps:
You can

1. Activate True Dual Boot
  2. Install Wiui/Miui v5 on system1
  3. Reboot to system1
  4. Reboot to recovery
  5. Install sMIUI on system2
  6. Reboot and setup both systems just as you like it

v5 and v6 are not compatible to run without TrueDualBoot!

You cannot run both systems without TrueDualBoot!

But it is no problem to have v5 and v6 installed at the same time.

To do so just do the following steps:
You can

1. Activate True Dual Boot
  2. Install Wiui/Miui v5 on system1
  3. Reboot to system1
  4. Reboot to recovery
  5. Install sMIUI on system2
  6. Reboot and setup both systems just as you like it

v5 and v6 are not compatible to run without TrueDualBoot!
Thank you Sir, for most detailed answer I could ask for.

So, basically, I'll probably have to clear my SD card too, since I have almost no room :O Like, 1 GB free memory.

Anyway, that won't take TOO long, I mean I can just copy everything to my computer or perhaps a NANDroid backup would suffice?

Thank you Sir, for most detailed answer I could ask for.

So, basically, I'll probably have to clear my SD card too, since I have almost no room :O Like, 1 GB free memory.

Anyway, that won't take TOO long, I mean I can just copy everything to my computer or perhaps a NANDroid backup would suffice?
Do you have TrueDualBoot enabled ?

No, I do not :(

ETA: I do know how to enable it though ;) !

Ok so here is what you do:

1. Do a complete MIUI Backup through MIUI Backup APP in Settings
  2. Do a full nandroid Backup of your current daily system
  3. Safe your complete /sdcard content to a computer or something (this includes the nandroid backups)
  4. Activate TrueDualBoot
  5. Install Wiui/Miui v5 on system1
  6. Reboot to system1
  7. Restore your data from MIUI Backup and setup your phone
  8. Reboot to recovery
  9. Install sMIUI on system2
  10. Reboot to system2
  11. Restore your data from MIUI Backup and setup your phone

Step 2 and 3 are not really necessary, but they will safe your life if something goes wrong ;)

I just read that in the next update Updater.apk will be removed. That is good, only thing that I'll miss is the option to restart to Recovery by software. There is another option?

I just read that in the next update Updater.apk will be removed. That is good, only thing that I'll miss is the option to restart to Recovery by software. There is another option?
There is an app called dualbootswitch. I use it a lot and it has a very simple interface. You just have to give it root permission and that is it.

Attachments

• DualbootSwitch-20130601-2.apk
    250.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
No, I do not :(

ETA: I do know how to enable it though ;) !
Dear sebsch1991 has stated all the steps required. Just one notice. After enabling tdb you would have system1 and system2 options at the opening page of recovery. When you install a ROM to one of the systems just take a look at the "advanced" page of either system1 or system2 (to which you have installed ROM) where it states which of the systems is active right now. If you have installed a ROM to system2 but active one is system1, just enter to "advanced" page and select system2 as active one. So that when you reboot phone the system that you have installed new ROM would be the active one. Otherwise you would reboot to just your previously installed ROM (or the one that you haven't installed any ROM) on the other system.
Wish you luck ;)

Ok so here is what you do:

1. Do a complete MIUI Backup through MIUI Backup APP in Settings
  2. Do a full nandroid Backup of your current daily system
  3. Safe your complete /sdcard content to a computer or something (this includes the nandroid backups)
  4. Activate TrueDualBoot
  5. Install Wiui/Miui v5 on system1
  6. Reboot to system1
  7. Restore your data from MIUI Backup and setup your phone
  8. Reboot to recovery
  9. Install sMIUI on system2
  10. Reboot to system2
  11. Restore your data from MIUI Backup and setup your phone

Step 2 and 3 are not really necessary, but they will safe your life if something goes wrong ;)
Damn, that is awesome.

I'm sure you helped a few other people on here too, with that post :D!

I'll definitely switch to TDB when I get home.

Last question regarding this is about when I switch TDB back off.

Will the system then run on /system partition 1 or 2 OR will that wipe the whole phone and just leave it without any system on it at all?
- I'm asking because I might want to try Android L later and it's not TDB-compatible AFAIK.

Read the thread about L ;) it is TDB compatible, I've tried it :)
Actually, I did see that some people are able to run both at the same time.

But I also saw someone mentioning that TDB should not work and that we should wait for Grub (U-boot?) because TDB is a "giant hack". :D

Haha, I guess I should just try some more myself. I'm "scared" because I had an LG Optimus 3D before and that got bricked because of me screwing around with bootloaders ;) Anyway, I fixed that too, so I'm guessing I should not be scared at all :D

Please keep reading the Changelog in Post #2, I am keeping it up to date about 2 times a day.
Dualboot.apk is already added to sMIUI by default since 4.11.5.

Read the thread about L ;) it is TDB compatible, I've tried it :)

I cant tell about future releases of Ivans Android L, but the current release is actually no problem to run in TDB mode !
So dont hesitate to use it but I would recommend doing backups before trying each new release.. just in case :p

Please keep reading the Changelog in Post #2, I am keeping it up to date about 2 times a day.
Dualboot.apk is already added to sMIUI by default since 4.11.5
I always read it, but even knowing about the addition of the DualBoot.apk, I had never used it. =p

I don't have interest in two systems on a mobile device, just one that works great is fine to me.

Dualboot.apk is already added to sMIUI by default since 4.11.5.
I cant tell about future releases of Ivans Android L, but the current release is actually no problem to run in TDB mode !
So dont hesitate to use it but I would recommend doing backups before trying each new release.. just in case :p
I read the android L changelog and instructions again and it says "Dual system not recommended". Does it mean that it works in dual system but it may have some artifacts, or it works in dual system but may mess up your second system? I asked this question in many forums but haven't yet got any answer... By the way I installed sMIUI 4.11.7 but I couldn't find dualboot.apk. Also when I installed dualbootswitcher it didn't tell me that it was already installed in phone. Where is the app located? In the settings?

When I installed android L using cwm 6.0.5.0 (so not the last cwm) I forgot to disable TDB, but everything went fine and now I have android L on system 1 and WIUI on system 2.
I still prefer MIUI based roms and I think I'll try sMIUI, but I was curious about android L too.
Remember that I haven't tested all the features to find if everything works, but I have no problem with WIUI so far.

If you are interested in installing android L perform a nandroid backup to be safe ;)

I read the android L changelog and instructions again and it says "Dual system not recommended". Does it mean that it works in dual system but it may have some artifacts, or it works in dual system but may mess up your second system? I asked this question in many forums but haven't yet got any answer... By the way I installed sMIUI 4.11.7 but I couldn't find dualboot.apk. Also when I installed dualbootswitcher it didn't tell me that it was already installed in phone. Where is the app located? In the settings?

Its available since 4.11.5.
You will find it in /data/app and it should appear on your homescreen

Reactions: Elbay Malik
When I installed android L using cwm 6.0.5.0 (so not the last cwm) I forgot to disable TDB, but everything went fine and now I have android L on system 1 and WIUI on system 2.
I still prefer MIUI based roms and I think I'll try sMIUI, but I was curious about android L too.
Remember that I haven't tested all the features to find if everything works, but I have no problem with WIUI so far.

If you are interested in installing android L perform a nandroid backup to be safe ;)
Well as promising as it feels, I would choose android L only after xposed would produce ART-compatible version. Because in stock android (jb and kitkat) I don't like most of the settings and only after some alterations by xposed can give it a try.

Its available since 4.11.5.
You will find it in /data/app and it should appear on your homescreen

I found only com.xiaomi.dualbootswitch-1.apk which is the one I installed (I know it because I installed it to WIUIv6 either and the same is present in both /data_root/system0/app and /data_root/system1/app folders). Maybe I just installed that app on top of the present app. And since I'm using Nova Launcher and have disabled System Launcher I may have masked the presence of dualboot.apk.

Sorry for delay but I had some huge problem with building the ROM this week.
I fixed it and its ready for you to download ;)
Check out Post #1 , have fun and a nice weekend.

already in bed after a party XD, gonna flash it tomorrow. Thank u!

I have TBD and Wiuiv6 on Sys1 and Miuiv5 on Sys2.
(So otherway around, not sure if that causes problems? I have that gapps FC on starting Sync, other than that no issues.)

I would like to try SMIUI, but not sure if at this point WIUI or SMIUI is more stable?
WIUI was more tweaked and had a long and 'reliable' reputation. I've been looking at this SMIUI thread from day one, just not sure if I should try this SMIUI rom. And to which system, replace WIUI or replace MIUIv5.

I really want one superstable backup rom on one system. If all fails, I want to have that one ready.
And a daily rom V6 style.

Any thoughts?

I'v I go on Sys2 from MIUIv5 to SMIUI(v6) can I revert back to V5 again if I run into troubles?