Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

check this
Lennox OS 3.2.11
thnx to lenny_kano
- Uses Aroma Installer for data wipe options (system choice later if I can solve Wi-Fi bug) (thanks to Amarullz)
- Based on Xiaomi AOSP JB Beta QCS99 (released 04/02/2013)
- Multilanguage strings added from AOSP base so most things are covered.
- Uses independent data storage to the ROM installed on the opposite partition.
- Some basic theming done to improve the overall look and feel.
- OTA updates (full & incremental)
- Can pick any zip to flash in recovery without renaming.
Thank you!!

I tried the ROM this morning.
Great work, smooth and fast.
But the theme is too much for me, so I go back to stock qcs99 and will wait for a translation availability.

For the last few days I was using LennoxOS, probably the best ROM I've tried to date to be precise, until today when I decided I'd give WIUI a shot.
Was in a bit of a time rush, and noticed I didn't have root privelages and decided to get the new LBE permissions app while disabling the current system LBE. In the process I managed to get myself into a boot loop of it, so I re-flashed LennoxOS back to system1 via recovery - update.zip.

Here comes the problem; the wifi connection issues that were apparent in system2, I am now facing in system1. I also can't install the LennoxOS to system two via the updater for some reason.

:(

U just need to re-install any MIUI to system2.
U can do it by Updater of LennoxOS.

& wifi will work!!!!

U just need to re-install any MIUI to system2.
U can do it by Updater of LennoxOS.

& wifi will work!!!!

Do you think it will work if I flash WIUI on system2, or does it particularly have to be an MIUI Rom?
Just so odd at the moment, after flashing LennoxOS via recovery update.zip to SYSTEM 1 and wifi still does not connect.

I'm no think!
The author of Lennox rom talk about it! Just flash via Updater of LennoxOS any miui rom!
Wiui = Miui mod.

I'm no think!
The author of Lennox rom talk about it! Just flash via Updater of LennoxOS any miui rom!
Wiui = Miui mod.

Currently have WIUI on system 2 with LennoxOS on system 1 - WiFi problems are still present.
I could swear I never experienced the problem earlier even while LennoxOS was on system 2.

EDIT: MiFlashed 3.2.8 on my phone, then applied LennoxOS and all went fine. :)
For those out there with the same issue, this could be your only solution if you have WiFi issues even on system1.

I really believe this OS should have it's own thread too, because it's probably my most favourite to date!

Hello everyone, sorry for my bad english, I installed the stock rom, it's beautiful, I wanted to ask if you can change the language in some way, I have already tried the Lennox rom, but I don't like it, because it is too personalized. I would like to keep the stock rom and just change the language. Thanks in advance.

Will the stock Android Rom getting updated? Or do I Rather use the latest of Lennox (although it won't be getting updated anymore :( )

Will the stock Android Rom getting updated? Or do I Rather use the latest of Lennox (although it won't be getting updated anymore :( )

I really hope that Xiaomi updates the AOSP for Mi-2 since that is in version 4.2 and we are in 4.1.1 either MIUI or stock AOSP

I Installed the AOSP but I don't have touchscreen possibility :confused: So I can't do anything

Just follow the thread you linked (which is this one), touchscreen issue reports for QCS89 on pages 4-5, link to QCS99 and reports about touchscreen working fine from page 5+. QCS99 works really, really good :)

Reactions: lekzzz
I've tried it and it's really fast and smooth. What I don't like is to reinstall all of the apps and data. Is that necessary? Rather use my apps incl data :D

Yes, you should do a factory reset (+ erase emulated sdcard..).

Boot into Mi-Recovery and wipe everything.

I've tried it and it's really fast and smooth. What I don't like is to reinstall all of the apps and data. Is that necessary? Rather use my apps incl data :D

This is where Titanium Backup becomes an awesome friend. :)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lekzzz
No wifi related bug for one month so far.

On the other hand, I got some serious bugs with display :
Randomly, the screen would go totally grey (or yellow once) with sound playing in background.
Only hard reboot (push power button for 10 seconds) would get rid of it.
It doesn't look like a hardware bug, because it didn't happen once with Miui ROM.

I flashed the QCS99 rom again after a date/cache wipe and it seems to be fixed.
Like any other android phone, I also got some random reboot.

Yes, WiFi is Ok. A little bit of panic after flahing it, i spent few minutes to undertand how to switch fron chinese to english language, then downloaded Playstore and Root Explorer from Mi-Market and moved Playstore apk from data to system/app.
AOSP is terrific fast on Mi-2. I don't like it so much but it's fine to have two really different rom (miui and aosp), thank to M1cha and his recovery!

I'm using QCS99 with some modifications from the day it was published (except a few days on V5-dev) and the only "bug" I ever noticed is that the data transfer indicator (arrows) on the mobile data icon/statusbar get stuck every now and then if actually using wifi.

QCS99 feels pretty fast and smooth compared to MIUI imho and I personally prefer stock android on this great hardware.
Fast, smooth, consistent UI/apps, special features like camera and Dolby supported - only LED settings missing for me but I'm currently trying to port this.