Welcome

pretty messed up if its true, i guess that if im changing i should wait for the 32gb version... or just wait for xiaomi 3 and hope its below 2500 rmb.
Thanks for checking with them! To some of us, this is obviously an extraordinarily important factor in whether this phone is worth anything or not.

Until I see for myself a MicroSD port on the phone in a picture, I'm going to have to agree with you. It doesn't seem like there will be a MicroSD card slot. Your conversation says that, I spoke with someone who posted an "unboxing" video and he said it doesn't have one, a variety of other sources (asia.cnet for one) say it doesn't have one, and Xiaomi's website just conveniently left MicroSD off of their spec list when they include it for MI-1 and MI-1s? Yeah, seems like it's a no, which in my opinion is a shockingly bad oversight for this phone to have only 10gb of free storage (after formatting the 16gb internal and with 4gb allocated for the phone's system data) with NO MicroSD card slot. Shocking. Seriously. Wow. Way to shoot yourself in the face in order to save a few bucks on what otherwise would have been a hands down winner for the entire smartphone market.
For those of you that say it has a MicroSD card slot, what is that based on? Did Xiaomi themselves tell you that? Have you seen it? Or was it just some old press release? Just trying to get an idea of the credibility of various sources.

Thanks for checking with them! To some of us, this is obviously an extraordinarily important factor in whether this phone is worth anything or not.

Until I see for myself a MicroSD port on the phone in a picture, I'm going to have to agree with you. It doesn't seem like there will be a MicroSD card slot. Your conversation says that, I spoke with someone who posted an "unboxing" video and he said it doesn't have one, a variety of other sources (asia.cnet for one) say it doesn't have one, and Xiaomi's website just conveniently left MicroSD off of their spec list when they include it for MI-1 and MI-1s? Yeah, seems like it's a no, which in my opinion is a shockingly bad oversight for this phone to have only 10gb of free storage (after formatting the 16gb internal and with 4gb allocated for the phone's system data) with NO MicroSD card slot. Shocking. Seriously. Wow. Way to shoot yourself in the face in order to save a few bucks on what otherwise would have been a hands down winner for the entire smartphone market.
For those of you that say it has a MicroSD card slot, what is that based on? Did Xiaomi themselves tell you that? Have you seen it? Or was it just some old press release? Just trying to get an idea of the credibility of various sources.

yea im having the same conclusion as you, checked the website, it doesnt say no but in no where its mentioned so i just assume no, and many rumors says no.

quite shocking i must say, i mean 10 gb is not enough for anything and the other phones without micro sd slot has at least 32gb nowadays.

they could have just put the slot there i dont think its going to change much if they did, i just hope the guy that answered to me is wrong.. sometimes their own staff is misinformed, i just hope that is the case.

in the end we will see when the phone is finally out, when someone put their hands on the phone.

Okay, so after all the revisions to "no microsd", the announcement of the 32gb version (since the 16gb version is too small *cough* without a microsd slot *cough*), and still no indication of any slot, just more evidence that there isn't a microsd card slot, are admins still swearing that there WILL be a microsd card slot in this phone? And if so, based on what?